HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread
Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
NCRemington700
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

Well 2008 really sucks for me so far. I was going to change the transmission fluid in my truck last weekend but we couldn't get the drain plug off of the fluid pan under the truck. We messed with it for over an hour and could not get it off!![:@] While we under my truck we notice that the seal on the front axel on the passenger side was leaking and needed to be replaced![:@][:@] I try to do most stuff on my truck that I can, it's so much cheaper than taking it to the shop. But I don't have the time, tools, or experience to take apart the front axle to fix that problem. So I set up an appointment at the shop to take it in yesterday. Well Tuesday morning myself and 15 other people got layed off at work!!!![:@][:@][:@] I work for a national home builder and given the way the market is right now it's not suprising. I've talked with a lot of my vendors since it happened and they all can't believe they let me go. Everyone, including myself, are in shock! Bottom line is my company screwed up! Too late now. I already have a couple of vendors that want to talk to me about positions they have available. Hopefully I can get right back to work and not miss a beat. I'll keep ya'll updated. Take care fellas.