Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread >

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

SO Randy, let's see some pics. man. Quit holding out on us, don't be shy! Your mug can't be any worse than my ugly mug!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Randy,we are patiently waiting to see pics of this big guy
Heading out tomorrow afternoon,working 12 hour shift tonight,go home for a GOOD 3 hour sleep and heading outBeen almost 2.5 weeks since I have been out with the bow-going nuts here guys-lmao
Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

SO RJ, what did ya do, break the camara? This thread is worthless without pics.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out yesterday ,sitting in my stand at 2:00,around 4:00 a BIG buck(would score high) was at the other end of the field,I grunted at him a few times and he didnt seem interested at all,just looked my way into the woods,flicked his tail and jumped the fence and sauntered off into the woods where he came from.Man he was a beauty with a Very wide spread and long white tines,this deer was well over 200#'s.
I went back out this morning to see if he would come into my little opening but to no advail.Hopefully soon this guy makes a mistake.
I am thinking of ground blind hunting on the other side of the field along the thick cedars he is probably bedding in,but want to wait for a calm clear day.I want everything absolutely perfect.
Going back out this afternoon in another location on a different property,the wind just isnt right
Old 11-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't it funny how a "sighting" of a big buck in your area kinda lights the fire to keep ya going! I figure if a guy has the time and puts the time in, he will be rewarded more times than not. SO, keep at it man.

My brother shot a real nice 4 yo 8 pointers the same day I shot my 9 pointer a few weeks ago, and he shot his out of MY double bull blind that I had sat up. No doubt, some times the ground blind can be an asset. Good luck man! Keep at it.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tell ya Tim,things are really looking promosing.I went out last night again,got into stand around 3,was a little later then usual but still there-lol.I didnt want to walk the field edge as I knew the deer were going to start filtering out soon so I sat back in my stand.Low and behold a Big doe comes into the field then behind her a wide racked 8 pointer shows up,following her but not to close.I am thinking great,maybe the rut is still in,well my idea was crushed as the BIG guy comes in(calling him HOG) we looks at the doe,the 8 pointer and starts feeding-hmmmm-No sooner then 5 minutes later another 10 pointer comes into the same field,I am starting to shake and get a little nervous as I thought something was going to happen,well the HOG kinda walks the 8 pointer into the other field and continues feeding with the other buck and doe.The doe headed off into the cedars and the 2 bucks ate in the field till dark,trapping me in my stand.I climbed down the ladder as quiet as possible and crawled out of the bush.
I have come to the conclusion that the RUT hasnt started yet or I completely missed something.Hopefully soon the post RUT will come into play soon.The grunt call isnt even fizzing these guys-Just dont get it.

Went out this morning again(got 3 inches of fresh snow last night) and still snowing this morning.Did see a buck and 2 does in one field on the way to my property,he did have his nose in her rear end though but just sniffing her out--lol
Nothing on the property this morn,kinda figured but was more of a scouting trip.

Next outing will be friday afternoon and hopefully everything goes just right.If I can get this HOG he will score high for the team
Old 11-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's hard for me to beleive the rut is over up there already. I guess I am assuming that it would be later than, in KS. for instance and it's still going back there. While I was back there this weekend, we twice saw bucks with a single doe out in the open pastures, which seems to be where they chase them for the solitarity.
Keep at it man, our team needs all the help it can get.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

A guy could here a pin drop in here
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO@ Tim,you got that right.

Looks like its just the 2 of us this season-lol--I am going to have to get a BIG one to even up the scores
Just was wondering why no one has posted here lately--Like in the past month or 2--hmmm---Luck of the draw I guess

I am working hard,getting ready for the Christmas holidays.Will be out hunting again this Monday and Tuesday and all weekend.There are alot of tracks around,lots of snow on the ground and the hunting is getting good.The temps are cold though,last night went down to -26c.
I hunted on Wednesday this week,sat on stand from 6:15 to 10:30 in -21c temps and seen 2 spikehorns,came in but not what I am looking for yet-lol--Maybe closer to the end if all else fails--lol
I am praying all the time for a big one this year,hopefully
I may PM or E-mail some members here and see whats going on,just to damn quiet for a team of 10[]
Old 12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish ya luck. Sitting on stand time after time in those cold azz temps can drag a guy down over time.
Stick with it, I'm cheerin' for ya man!

Quick Reply: 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.