Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread >

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:45 AM

Default RE: 45-Official Team 45 Thread

Im going to shoot my bow one last time in the morning and then head out. But other than that Im ready. Good luck tomorrow man.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys. I'll be out as well looking for a nice mature doe. Only 1 more week to go until our full season starts!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys
Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM

Well guys I just got back from hanging my stand. I had a nice spot but it was mostly hogs, we seen a 250+ lb red boar but decided to look at another spot we haven't hunted in a few years. We walked back there and there was no sign of humans anywhere! Well my uncle walked up on a little spike and a nice 8 pt and the deer just walked off so it doesn't look like he spooked them. The trail they were on had 3 scrapes and a couple of small rubs. I moved my stand and I am near where the deer seem to be traveling.

I am ready now!!! Stand is hung and we know the deer are there. Good luck Steve!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys--Any luck yet

PS--Had to get us off the bottom of the 2nd page
Old 09-24-2007, 07:49 AM

Well this has been a pretty crappy weekend for bow hunting. I saw 2 deer all weekend long and I hunted every morning and every afternoon. Both deer were in range but wouldnt stop moving or had already passed by all my openings when I noticed they were there. It was pretty rediculous and I am very disappointed[&o]. I was almost positive I was going to bring a deer home. Im eager to see how everybody else has made out. They just werent movin this weekend. I know we were set up in some good spots, they just didnt produce. I am however excited about going to hunt MO this week...IF....my buddy gets his cast off. If not we will have to push the date. It was good to be back in the woods although I was constantly soaking wet, getting eaten alive by gnats, and didnt see many deer. I hope everyone did better than me.

Mike - Sounds like you are in a good place. I hope you get a good buck man.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 AM

Oh my god!!!

Ok, so here is the story of Saturday. At about 6:00 (1 hr before daylight) I climbed my tree. I was sitting there for about 30 mins when a NICE buck moved in. It was still pretty dark but I could see his big body and antlers. I tried to get a shot but could NOT see my pins!!! At about 8 o'clock a guy I am hunting with called on the walkie talkie and said that the deer where moving. I heard my dad ask if the guy had deer around him and he said that he shot twice and missed both times...shot over their backs.

About 8:30, the guy calls again and says something must be wrong with his bow because he shot at another deer and missed AGAIN!!! In the next 5 mins my uncle calls me and says there are a few deer headed my way. Within 5 mins I hear some crashing. I look up and about 40 yds are a few deer coming...one was much bigger but I couldn't make them out because of the thick brush they were in.

I stand up...they are still about 40 yds in thick brush...so, I stand up....I stand up...WTF!!! My treestand harness is too short and it wont let me stand!!! I try to turn at a partial stand and I can't draw because the strap from my harness is too tight. I look up and decide to wait for them to get closer before I make another move. Now, I can't find the deer. I search the brush and nothing. Then I hear my uncle come on the radio and say, they must have winded you. Then I hear the worst sound....the deer blows and it about 100 yds away. All the deer in the area are now over 100 yds away and they move into some thicker brush and out of sight.

At about 2 we head back into the woods. I am tired, my stand is like 2 miles from my truck and I carry it out of the swamp I was in and head back to the truck. I planned to move it to an open field we had seen a few bucks on when we were walking into the woods that morning. I can't find a tree so I sit on the ground for a little bit. At about 4:15 I head to my truck. My dad comes out to the truck and tells me to sit in the palm tree out in the middle of that field next to an old barn. I say, nah, thats to far out in the open, I know I will get spotted. I leave the woods and my dad says he is going to climb that palm tree. At 30 mins later I get a call from my dad...he shot a buck at 20 yds out of that palm tree. He is also shooting a Rage broadhead and he said it was devastating...deer ran like 50 yds and dropped. He said the entry hole was a little bigger than a golf ball and the exit was about the size of a baseball to softball.

I didn't hunt on Sunday but they all seen a bunch of deer but couldn't get a shot because it was too early. I am going back out on Saturday and Sunday next week and this time, I am staying at our camp up near the hunting area instead of driving the 1 1/2 hrs to the house each day.

It was a great hunt and I really think I will be getting a deer come next weekend.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:48 AM

Man thats awesome. I'm glad somebody actually saw some deer. Dude I always tie my strap high to the tree where I can stand up man that sucks. I dont know why the deer werent moving this weekend where I was, its kinda got me confused because we have been getting pictures at 12:00 during the day in the hottest part at where we hunted this weekend. And then all of a sudden they just shut off. Nothing, nada, zip. My camera took one deer picture this weekend and it was at 11:30 at night. Where as we had about 10 pictures a day, during the day up until this weekend. Something was up. I guess they just know when season starts....I must not have gotten that memo. By the end of the weekend I drew back on two squirrels and couldnt even get a shot at them[:@]. Thats my luck though. Ha. Dude I hope you score on one of those bucks this weekend. Sounds like the deer are really gettin after it.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never made it out his past weekend. Too much going on at home unfortunately. I will be out on Saturday for our official season opener though!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM

We cant be totally skunked out on opening weekend. Man I cant believe it. Im debating on shooting a doe in MO if I dont get a shot at a buck. Doe tag is only 7 dollars. Im going to take my laptop so I'll try and update everybody.

Jeramy - Man that sucks. I probably would have had a mental breakdown if I didnt get to hunt this weekend. Even though I didnt see much, it would have been pure torture doing something else.

Quick Reply: 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.