Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread >

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 45-Official Team 45 Thread

I'm no expert but why does it matter which way you put the cock vane when shooting a WB? Seems like no matter which way you still get the same amount of fletching contact. Unless the rest was so low that the cock vane was hitting the shelf on the riser during release. But it sounds like the changes were good for your shooting and that's all that matters.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm back. Jeramy, I think that avatar looks dang good.
I'm a die hard WB user, along with the blazers. Been using it for a couple of years now and honestly can't remember the last fletch that was damaged because of the WB. None fly off, none have damage, my arrows aren't noisy when I draw. I actually switched from a drop zone back to the WB. go figure. Different strokes for different folks. As far as my accuracy. I shot a buck antelope 2 seasons ago at 60 yards, last years doe antelope at 48 yards, turkey 2 years ago at 35 yards, this years turkey at 10 yards, in the head with the gobbler guillotine. So accuracy isn't a problem.
Actually, you don't want any flecthings to align with the black bristles at the bottom. They are stiffer, so that's why the cock vane needs to be up, not down.
So I guess a final decision on which avatar we will be using has been made yet? I like Jeramy's last one!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I like the last avator best as well. I am ok with any of them actually. Have been getting ready for the season. Spent about 4 hours putting up a tripod stand today in an area that has no trees big enough and a ground blind would not work either. Has anyone ever bow hunted with these?? Usually put up my stands in the spring but made an exception. Driving down our lane to the woods 16 bucks were in the field together last night. A few of them were beauties. Wish I had my camera with. 34 days left.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeremy,that Avatar looks great--thats my vote--

I must appologise to you guys for not being on yesterday.My wife and a few of her girlfriends held a Baseball Tournament and a Benefit Dance for some very close friends of ours.We have all been called the "gang"anyways Rick and Gwen,have a little girl aged 12 with Cistric Fibroses(CF).To make a long story short she needs a vest for Physio(SP) and it costs $12000 Canadian and needless to say,not alot of people I know can fork out $12000 from their pocket.Between the Ball tournament and dance,raffles etc there was a little over $6000 raised.It was a very emotional moment when rick and Gwen got up on the stage to thank everyone for the support
We are still working on some things to raise more money and just got word today at the BBQ that Ricks mom has secretely been collecting donations and another $2000 has been added to the pot.I am so proud of the community and friends-family who have stepped up to the plate to help a very deserving family

On a good note--I have won the big door prize last night donated by one of the sporting shops.Its a Signed limited edition of the "Goal of the century" when Team Canada beat Team Russia in 1972----Yes,Hockey is big here--lol----5 players with Russian Goalie Tretiak--all autographed and numbered
Value---$1100---YeeeeHaaaa----Its going to look great in my new recroom
Old 08-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Guys,lets all decide on a Avatar

So far Jeremys looks good.If we can get another or 2 up we can vote and put all this behind us
Old 08-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the compliments on the avatar guys. I'm not much of an expert with graphics but I've been dabbling with Photoshop since the original version. If you guys have any suggestions on changed and/or improvements don't be afraid to ask and I'll see what I can do.

Extreme, congrats on that door prize! I'm a big hockey fan too.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeramy--I cant seem to think of anything else to better this Avatar--looks good to me

Old 08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you captain, let's go with it. I gotta replace my Thunder Strut chicken!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

8 more posts guys and I am officially addicted--figure after 5 years you would think so EH
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 AM

Sorry guys for not being on this weekend. I had to go shopping all saturday. Drive all the way back to Memphis. I spend all week here and dont really want to spend my weekend here but oh well...what are ya gonna do. Bad news on the home front. Friday night the clearcut bordering my hunting land caught on fire so I spent my Friday night until about 3:30 am putting out fires that jumped the fire break and burnt our woods. Its pretty much cleared out now. That makes me so mad somebody set those fires and it wasnt the loggers. You could see the burn rings how they burnt outwards from the spot that it was lit. I think it burnt a total of 30 acres along the property line. Bad thing it most of my stand spots were within 75 yards of the line because it was mostly thicket until the began logging it. So nothing for them to hide in now. Maybe next year it will be a good spot. I shot my bow some more and figured out my broadheads a little better, and I scouted a new place across the road from burnt clear cut. I looks really good and I have picked out a tree for a lock on stand. Its basically an old logging road that dumps into a marsh thats fed by a creek with thicket on one of the bordering ridges and hardwoods on the other. The road climbs upwards from the marsh between the two ridges. Its kind of narrow the widest spot would be about 20 yards. I'll take some pics and post them later.The trail looks used but its kind of hard to tell there is so many leaves along it. I believe I will hang there on opening morning and maybe that afternoon. The marsh also has a salt block in it. It was put there by the guys that used to lease the property.

-Me gusta Jeremys avatar. I say we vote soon and get it posted. SteveO Out.

Quick Reply: 45-Official Team Heart Stoppers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.