HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 AM
stevezt4

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Well i have a pretty good story, Its unbeleivable i was even able to get on the board on this day!

Well it all started out WRONG! I got outta the cabin late and rode the 4 wheeler down the road got stopped by 2 different people and had to talk. I then went into the woods and walked about a half mile to a stand I hunted the morning before and observeda nice buck chasing does. I took my climber this time and went up the hill farther to attempt a better chance at him. I finally got setup and everything just about shooting time. I checked all the trees for yardages and waited.

8 am.A nice big lone doe came over the hill to within 25 yards, took the shot- hit a limb and missed low-the doe continued
8:05 am I took another shot this time it was a clean miss right over her back, I was looking through the string not the peep I was shaking from just missing and the cold.

9 am. I decided it would be a good time to goof off and start blowing a grunt tube- without looking around first! i blew that thing for about 5 or 6 times. As soon as i put it down i look up and no more than 25 yards is a decent buck walkingRIGHT at me. I have no idea why he didnt see me but he continued. I was able to stand up and get drawed and he was quartering hard toward me " I know were not SUPPOSED to take that shot but it was close about 15 yards. So i put the pin on his shoulder and let the strikers do their job. The buck went down within 75 yards and piled up. Its not the biggest one Ive killed but its not a bad buck.
I also lost my wedding band in the woods but after 2 hrs of searching I finally found it.