Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 AM

Default RE: 32-Official Team 32 Thread

Hey fellas, My name is Waid Gauthier. I live in Bridge City, Tx andmy lease isnear Livingston, TX. That is in E. TX. It's not nearly the same as hunting W. TX or S. TX. However, there are big bucks around ya just have to find em. So far I only have one buck pic from a trail cam, but don't let that discourage you, cause it's not in one of my deer hunting areas, its in one of my hog spots. I'm going up tomorrow to work on one of my two deer spots. I'm gonna plant a little plot in there this year and see what happens. So far, my bowhunting hasn't produced nearly as I would've liked. I'm not giving up though and I feel pretty good about the upcoming season.

I'm drawin a blank on team names right now. I'll try to add some later. Freak Nastys sounds pretty good though.

Chase, you sound like a good capt. to me.

I just thought of a couple.

Free Bleeders
Sharpstick Slingers
Bone Collectors
Buckosaurs

I'll check back Wednesday.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

My name is Larry Metz. I live west of Baltimore... I hunt within minutes of my house and I also have a nice lease on the Eastern Shore of MD. On the shore we have some of the absolute best waterfowl hunting on the property as well as Whitetails and Sika Deer. Great place to go. My season opens September 15th. I hope to get a few cameras out this week so I can soon share some pics of the bucks in my area.

Team Name Hmmmmmm.... "Team Pope & Young" Keep everyone on the team thinking big!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'm Ryan Risner, from Ohio. Got the passion of bowhunting from my dad when i was a young kid. Just graduted college and i'm currently finishing up a Coop as a Quality Engineer. I have 4 differnet small areas to hunt. Just found out yesterday that I will be hunting my favorite spot again this year. I killed my first buck and biggest buck there (about 135) and where my dad killed his biggest (155 typ. 162 non). Ready for the season. And Ohio's season opens on my birthday for the first time since I've hunted, should be exciting. I'm ready to beat some a** with ya guys in the contest.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,
My name is Ralph Zobjeck. Checking in. I live in north east IL outsideof Joliet. Been busy and not on the computer much. I have made time to shoot though and still drilling 3" circles at 40 yards. It's going to be a great year this year. Been seeing a ton of deer in the front yard. I have several pieces of property to hunt locally that butt up to forest preserve property but my favorite stand is in the front yard. If I can figure it out I'll post some pics from my trail cam. Talk to ya'll later
Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My name is Andy Martel.I recently became acontributing author here on HNI, so for the full bio... just read my field journals/bio on the main HNI page.

Heres a bit of my bowhunting/deer hunting background, and the scores for the last few years.

For the main part, I'm a duck and turkey hunter. I bow/deer hunt just because its something to do until waterfowl opens up. I'm primarily a meat hunter as well. However, if I do get on a big buck, I'll hunt him almost exclusively. I've never killed a buck under 125" (biggest was just over 160)that wasn't a cull deer on a farm or for a study. So if I connect, you can expect it to be worth-while. Honestly, I haven't shot a trophy buck in the last 4 years, and have only seen a handful while hunting during that time.

If there were points for does in this contest, I suspect we'd do well.... I took 32 last year... during the season anyway; the entire year... it was a lot more than that.As I illuded to above, I do some management culling on large farms, and just became a member of an urban archery team here in VA (we hunt from Sept. 1st til Mar. 31st).

Hopefully our team will do well. Better part of my season is going to be dedicated to putting the girlfriend on her first deer (and hopefully with a bow), but myfree hunting time will bebuck/archery and team 32 dedicated.

As to a name, I kinda like Freak Nasty's, but I'm sure we aren't the only bunch thats thought of it.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welll most of everyone has checked in.....Name Selection & Captian Selection Time!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a name... Team "Booners"......that'll keep us on the right track.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

Got a name... Team "Booners"......that'll keep us on the right track.

Is that the name everyone picked?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome guys.

My name is Jack Kale. I'm a United Methodist pastor in South Alabama. My loves are the gospel, my family, and hunting. Turkey hunting is primary, but bowhunting deer is a fun thing to do during the "off season." I'm not going to make a prediction about the size of my buck or even if I take one this year. I'm sure I'll shoot a couple of does, and if a nice buck gives me a chance, I'll take it. I've gone seasons without a buck and it didn't break my spirit. I love the hunt. I enjoy a kill, but it is the hunt I love. We'll see how we do as a team.

Let's keep adding to keep our thread on the front page, so I don't have to look for it.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 PM

OkieArcher ,,,,sorry guy's I'm here ,I did'nt know they had already picked teams....
My name is Jeff and I live in Edmond,Oklahoma ,,I have three places to hunt so hopefully I can come up with a good one for the team. I will try and get a trail cam out this week, most of my stands are already up and ready to go.I did get a good turkey in the last contest so hopefully my luck will hold outAny teamname will be ok with me .......

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.