HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 32-Official Team 32 Thread

My name is Andy Martel.I recently became acontributing author here on HNI, so for the full bio... just read my field journals/bio on the main HNI page.

Heres a bit of my bowhunting/deer hunting background, and the scores for the last few years.

For the main part, I'm a duck and turkey hunter. I bow/deer hunt just because its something to do until waterfowl opens up. I'm primarily a meat hunter as well. However, if I do get on a big buck, I'll hunt him almost exclusively. I've never killed a buck under 125" (biggest was just over 160)that wasn't a cull deer on a farm or for a study. So if I connect, you can expect it to be worth-while. Honestly, I haven't shot a trophy buck in the last 4 years, and have only seen a handful while hunting during that time.

If there were points for does in this contest, I suspect we'd do well.... I took 32 last year... during the season anyway; the entire year... it was a lot more than that.As I illuded to above, I do some management culling on large farms, and just became a member of an urban archery team here in VA (we hunt from Sept. 1st til Mar. 31st).

Hopefully our team will do well. Better part of my season is going to be dedicated to putting the girlfriend on her first deer (and hopefully with a bow), but myfree hunting time will bebuck/archery and team 32 dedicated.

As to a name, I kinda like Freak Nasty's, but I'm sure we aren't the only bunch thats thought of it.