Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 04-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Dan - I drank enough Mad Dog 20/20 this weekend to last me a lifetime! My buddy earned MVP honors when he came through with a beer bong (who knew they still made 'em?) and a few fifths of Mad Dog. You can only imagine the looks on our wives' collective faces as we stood on the front deck, funnelling Natty Ice and Jacob's Best like wild animals, howling at the moon. For that frozenmoment in time, we re-connected with our youth and partied like rockstars- andeverything in the worldwas good. LMAO

Mike - great read on that article. I actually remembered reading that back in '06. Hey man, be glad you get a "room" for your stuff. I'm relegated to the basement! The only place that I'mallowed to hang up all my dead animals is at camp or back in my old room at my parents' place. LOL Although as soon as we get a big enough place, I'm staking a claim to a spare room and turning it into a bonafideestrogen-free-zone.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike - great looking mount! He a wide one, that's for sure!

Fran - sounds like you had a heck of a weekend! From the high of partying like a rockstar (complete with beer bong)- then to the low of a career threatening injury to your brilliant (I'm assuming) beer hocky leage playing career...
Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 PM

Can someone tell me how is bowhunting contest works. And how you get on a team.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boots: First, you have to consider yourself among the world's most elite bowhunters.(this probably rules you out). Then, you must be able to pass a physical performance test, including 33 squat-thrusts in underone minute, a 1-mile run in under 6:30, and 60 pushups in one minute (at least 5 one-handers).

After passing these tests, if you still think you can run with the Dark Horses, you then must post pics of your girlfriend and send yourResume,along witha check in an undisclosed amount, made payable to "The Dark Horses: A team of destiny"

Then, we'll consider your payment and make a formal assessment as to whether or not you will be permitted to participate in the contest.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 PM

Is that all, I can do all that pluscome back for more. The only pictures I have is of your woman, will that do. I guess we all are smart a** from around Pittsburgh.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must admit, not a bad comeback, but youve got a long way to dethrone the king!
Old 04-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I think Boots would be a great addition to the contest next year. Most guys just get mad when we poke at 'em. LOL

Hey Al - when do you start turkey hunting? Our season starts Saturday- and I'm gonna have a tough time with the gimpy leg, but I'll be out there. I had a youth out yesterday for the youth hunt, and put a bigass bird in his lap. You know how those older birds are, cautious. So he circled us and came in slowly - wouldn't overcommit. He got the best of us when he busted the boy, who was fidgeting. LOL I warned him. He had a blast though. Kids can never sit still.

Sucks b/c I know that gobbler was a hammer. Worked him for 2.5 hours and threw every calling sequence and technique I had at him.

Unfortunately, we couldn't cover much groundover the remainder of the dayb/c I can't move around in the woods so well on crutches.

Duke - Tony says he tried to kill you with a cut vine the other day. Tell him that the Dark Horses won't stand for any attempts to maim or injure our star players. We'll send BigJ out there with the baseball bat to "send a message." [8D]
Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made it up north this weekend and for the first time since December there was no snow. We got 2 food plots planted one with oats and 1 with soybeans. We also cleared and brush hogged about 4 acres. It was the land I was trying to buy but the owner told me I could plant it.

I got to walk around a little bit and do some shed hunting. I didn't find anything but i did get 2 ticks on me. It is just unblievable it was above 65 for the first time this year and the ticks are out in full force.

The 4 acres we cleared and hogged is an overgrown pasture. It is going to be a hot spot. The only problem is there are no mature trees and the pines that are there are only 15 feet tall. So my birthday is next week so I asked for a tripod. So I hope that works. I just don't like hunting out of ground blinds.

Good luck to the turkey hunters post some pics when you get them
Old 04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fran, we start may 1st here in NY, countin the days...

I know how them kids can be LOL come to think of it i was that way just a few short years ago. When i shot my first turkey i about passes out, greatest feeling in the world!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

[align=left]Checking in fellas….[/align][align=left][/align]
[align=left]Been out turkey hunting the last two weekends…. Think it’s a little early for where I was huntingthem since they haven’t really been coming to calls and such – sure it doesn’t help that my calling sucks. LOL[/align][align=left][/align]
[align=left]Was trying to get one with my bow… But this last weekend after the turkeys pulled a houdini again, I threw my bow in the back seat and grabbed my shotgun (have both a gun and archery tag). Amazing how much easier it is with a gun. I kid you not, from the time I threw my bow in the back seat until the time I had a turkey downwas less than an hour… Then went back to bow hunting....[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.