Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 12-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Blue.. that hurts man. But trust me get back out and look hard. If you don't find him.. no worries.. get back in your stand and hunt. And hunt hard!

SouthDakota... congrats again man. Another good one... nice!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck SD congrats.

Blue - From what you discribed the buck ismost likely dead. You alway's don't get a ton of blood.The birds should let you know where he is at. Good luck get r done.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blueranger,
Good luck finding that buck bud, this is all for fun so I am hoping to click on here and see that our Team 29 is down 100" and that you found him. I know that sunk feeling but I also know how it can turn around as well.
Keep at it!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blue - based in the fact that there wasn't much blood on the arrow and he circled around like that - my guess would be that it's a flesh wound and he's still out there running around... I did the same thing once - 'muffed' a 20 yards shot at a monster - I accidentialy held my last pin on the deer instead of the first pin - I believe I just skimmed his back (probably just missed his spine) - only had blood on one of the flecth's and very very little on the shaft. Ironically, he also circled around. Looked for him for 2 days - ended up seeing him a month later with some does...

Quick – About the beard/goatee - I am a bit superstitious (think it’s an old baseball thing)… After I had such good luck on my elk hunt I told the wife that I wasn’t going to shave or trim until I got my archery deer (or rifle season opened), which she wasn’t to thrilled with. But I wasn’t seeing anything – feeling desperate to switch things up I did some minor trimming and got my archery deer the next day. Ironically, I also did a minor trim on Thursday night – the night before I got my buck.

So guys - I would suggest shaving if you haven’t been or growing some scrub if you’ve been shaving – whatever you doing – switch something up…

Old 12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the Support Guys!

I have a couple of game cameras out in
the area nowso maybe i will get his pic.It
was a new spotfirst time in the stand.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

BR - Funny how those first-time stand sites work, isn't it? More and more, I'm trying tohunt as many "first time" stand sites as my schedule allows. Duke, your buck came out of a virgin stand, right?

Jason - I'm superstitious with clothing- always swapping between "lucky hats." Maybe flip a shirt inside-out, or try a different pair of gloves. LOL

130's right - the scavengers will let you know if there's a foodsource in the area. Around here, any dead deer will draw in hordes of buzzards, so keep your eyes open. If you can get a little snow, take a walk and look for coon/dog/opossum activity. They might lead you to it.

We're all pulling for ya, buddy.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya Quick. Mine was a very virgin stand. Just hung it 2 1/2 hours prior to the sit. I've never been afraid to just get up and move. Over the past several years I've killed over half of my best bucks from stands I either sat for the first or second times. Lone Wolf baby! Love em'!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

Blue - based in the fact that there wasn't much blood on the arrow and he circled around like that - my guess would be that it's a flesh wound and he's still out there running around... I did the same thing once - 'muffed' a 20 yards shot at a monster - I accidentialy held my last pin on the deer instead of the first pin - I believe I just skimmed his back (probably just missed his spine) - only had blood on one of the flecth's and very very little on the shaft. Ironically, he also circled around. Looked for him for 2 days - ended up seeing him a month later with some does...

Quick – About the beard/goatee - I am a bit superstitious (think it’s an old baseball thing)… After I had such good luck on my elk hunt I told the wife that I wasn’t going to shave or trim until I got my archery deer (or rifle season opened), which she wasn’t to thrilled with. But I wasn’t seeing anything – feeling desperate to switch things up I did some minor trimming and got my archery deer the next day. Ironically, I also did a minor trim on Thursday night – the night before I got my buck.

So guys - I would suggest shaving if you haven’t been or growing some scrub if you’ve been shaving – whatever you doing – switch something up…
Hmmm sounds like grounds for one of my research papers! Lets go do some research, i.e. shoot lots of big bucks, then i'll write it down and post it in the journal of wildlife management

In all seriousness though, good luck to everyone still hunting it would be nice to see a few more big bucks fall during the late season! Trophy photos always look the best with snow on the ground in my opinion!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

skull mount almost done! Just gotta paint her up then will be all done!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whatsup homies? Just got these pics the other day - figured I'd post them here for y'all to check out.

This is the buck that my buddy shot at 11:30 a.m. in a total downpour on the PA rifle opener from one of my best stands.

Massive 4x5 with a small drop tine coming off the right side. His right G2 and G3 were broken. Antlers were palmated from base-to-tip. Really unique rack.

These were taken with his camera phone, so they're not the greatest. You can still get a decent picture of how massive this guy was. In the top picture, you can see the white, oozing hole at the base of his left ear. I put my finger down in it - it was a solid 1.5" deep. His ears were pretty split up too.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.