HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE WINNERS (Team 13)
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
SouthDakotaHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Blue - based in the fact that there wasn't much blood on the arrow and he circled around like that - my guess would be that it's a flesh wound and he's still out there running around... I did the same thing once - 'muffed' a 20 yards shot at a monster - I accidentialy held my last pin on the deer instead of the first pin - I believe I just skimmed his back (probably just missed his spine) - only had blood on one of the flecth's and very very little on the shaft. Ironically, he also circled around. Looked for him for 2 days - ended up seeing him a month later with some does...

Quick – About the beard/goatee - I am a bit superstitious (think it’s an old baseball thing)… After I had such good luck on my elk hunt I told the wife that I wasn’t going to shave or trim until I got my archery deer (or rifle season opened), which she wasn’t to thrilled with. But I wasn’t seeing anything – feeling desperate to switch things up I did some minor trimming and got my archery deer the next day. Ironically, I also did a minor trim on Thursday night – the night before I got my buck.

So guys - I would suggest shaving if you haven’t been or growing some scrub if you’ve been shaving – whatever you doing – switch something up…