2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 11-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

GGNY - keeping a log is definitely a good idea. I use microsoft excel on my pc - it's really easy. Have you been out lately, buddy? I know your gun season comes in soon, right?

We need an update from Arrowdynamics, Mcouey, 16pt, Blueranger & Mvisgak. With Duke's deer, we're only 2-3 deer off the lead.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Spike

Its been a awhile since I last check in, nice buck duke. This has been the worst year for me as far as schedule,I have two places to go and only have been able to get out to each placeonce. The one place still has all the corn in. I have yet to even see a deer on the stand, the whole season has just been frustratingI Hope to get outat least 1 more time this week before the ORANGE army begins their march on Saturday. Good Luck
Old 11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick, i made it out all last weekend and seen one nice shooter buck sat. night and also sunday morning, never could get him to come into range. If all goes well i will make it out friday before agent orange takes over. If not then it wont be until the late season that i get another bow hunt in...
Old 11-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Spike

Hey guys....sorry I haven't posted in a while but I just got back from my 2 week hunt in Kansas. All in all it was a good hunt. I passed on 2 bucks that would of scored in the 150's early in the hunt hoping the rut would pick up and the big boys would start showing themselves but it never did. I did manage to put my tag on a respectable buck on the last week. I will post the score for the team. He grossed 141 2/8.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy smokes thats awesome! Great job man thats a heck of a buck!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome buck 16pt. Damn nice deer. Any luck at all in PA, or just waiting for gun season?

So what's the story with your Kansas hunts - do u do an outfitter, or have family down there or friends?

Looks like the Dark Horses are inching ever-so-close to the 600" mark. We're only one or two deer away from winning this thing.

Mcouey, mvisgak, Blueranger, NY, AD: Git-r-dun boys.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Spike

Thanks guys. It looks like you guys killed some nice deer while I was gone as well. Looks like we are near the top of the scoring chart. Good job..

Quick- My PA season didn't go quite as well. I passed on a couple of small 8 points before I left but nothing with any size. My PA goal is something around 125" but I didn't see any.

I got hooked up with a farmer in Kansas and hunt his private ground. We make a donation to his church for a trespass fee and have free range to his farm of over 4000 acres. We hang our own stands and we can hunt as long as we want. Its really a great situation. I've been hunting there for 7 years and I hope it never ends. Luckily it hasn't got leased out from under us yet but you never know. There are only 2 of us that bowhunt it.

Great job team, but we need 1 or 2 more bucks and we could win this thing. Good Hunting.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

16pt - WOW!! That's an awesome deer!!! Great work!

130 and everyone else - looks like your putting some good time in out in the field - keep it up.... Like Quick said - we are oh so close - just need a couple more!!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like im the only social member of this team to not put a buck down....i think its time.

I'll be going out with the bow most of this week even though the pumpkins have taken over, BIG cold front moving in thursday into friday so action should be good.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome Buck 16 Pt! I'm just checking in, SouthDakota PM'd me to check on me, Thanks!

I haven't scored any bucks yet, put down deer #1 yesterday, a 120lb doe, double lunged her at 35 yds, my first for the year.

I hunted the place for 5 days straight where I saw a nice buck, on my 5th day I discovered a hang-on stand that had been placed near a rub line. It was hunted during Muzzle loader season, which I didn't hunt. I suspect that hunter got the buck I've been after.

On the up-side the rut is on and I have lots of does running around, if I put in the time I should catch one cruising or chasing. With us being less than 50" out of the lead, I may be able to get us into a tie [8D]!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.