Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 10-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

I'm coming down with a major illness on Thursday. Whitetail Fever. Hopefully an all-dayer will result in me getting to turn an arrow loose on an Ohio bruiser! Low deer densities in the areas I'm hunting, though. Lots of long, boring hours. Hopefully, a little chasing will spice things up.

130- that's a great buck your buddy killed. Sounds like your QDM program is really showing results! I'm sure you're only a step away from cleaning out one of the big boys, buddy.

SDH - that's a tough break man. You're another one who's on the verge.

Duke - that's a major-league deer your homeboy Justin layed out. Congrats man. I know you guys have been doing a lot of camera fieldwork trying to get something going. Good to see the time and effort pay off. Now it's your turn!

GGNY - Time to put those doe tags on ice bro. Good thing you've got them out of the way, and the freezer filled. Time to focus on the big dogs.

16pt - Good luck in KS buddy.

I'm one of these ultra-competitive people, so I really want to win. No doubt in my mind that we can do it. I hate losing at anything. LOL Probably a personality flaw, but what the heck. I run with it.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a feeling we'll score a few bucks soon!!

130 - thanks for sharing the pic of your buddies deer - that's a great buck

QS - Good luck in Ohio - sounds like your putting in your time, I have a feeling things are really going to heat up

GGNY - Sounds like you're finding plenty of does - should be just a matter of time before you get a crack at a buck

16pt - Wish I was heading to Kansas - good luck

Duke - Keep putting in your time - I'm sure a big buck is just around the corner

I agreed to take a day off from hunting tomorrow - but then I should be out in the field pretty much everyday until rifle opens on the 17th...

Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

So, the last few times I've been out, I've noticed that my fiber optic pins aren't really that bright in low-light situations. Basically, I was still seeing deer, but was unable to see the pins. ('06 Copper John) Nothing scorches me like seeing deer and knowing that I can't make my pins out. That's tough to swallow. It's been bugging me for a while now.

In my goody stash, I had a brand new Impact Archery Cosmic slider with 3' of fiber-optic wrap in the aperture (SUPER BRIGHT PIN). I was saving it for summer and next season b/c I picked it up on clearance a couple weeks ago. Well, last night at 9:00, I decided that I needed to change sights and re-sight in for the balance of this season.

So, I had the car parked in the back yard, idling with the headlights on the target, while I worked out my markings. She's dialed in now, fellas.

I went out this morning before work to give it a few more shots and make sure my marks were spot-on. Like butter baby.

Can't wait to drop anchor 25' up tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that tomorrow is the day that all hell breaks loose.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Can't wait to drop anchor 25' up tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that tomorrow is the day that all hell breaks loose.
You and me both. I can bail out of work about 11:30. going to hit the stand by 3 and try again to get it done. This will be my last weekend to bowhunt until late season.( let's hope I don't need late season).Good luck Quick put down a bruiser.

SD man you have some serious time to hunt hope you can lay one down.

16pt Man iwish I could go to Kansas

Duke Please put one down like Justin's that had to be cool to see!

GGNY I hope you get to see some horns.

Everyone else good luck.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its about that time men! Ive got the next three days to hunt all i can, plus i'll be huntin my fav. spot for the first time this year. Good luck to everyone its time to put them on the board!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I almost scored today on a ‘smaller’ 5x5 this morning… I saw him come out of a tree grove about a ½ mile away and start heading down a fence line to the north. Knowing that his initial plans didn’t involve my creek bottom I decided to try and change them a bit - especially since it was dead calm. I hit my rattle bag as hard and as loud as I could.

After 2-3 minutes, I saw him cresting the hill coming in my direction. I hit a couple more light rattles and hit the louder of my 2 grunt tubes. That’s all it took, he was now trotting towards me. The problem was that he stayed about 20 yards on the west side of the creek which put him at exactly 49 yards ( I ranged him)… I just didn’t feel comfortable with the shot he gave me so I let him walk… [:@]

Man I’m getting the urge to release an arrow on a good buck!!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hang in there SDH! You'll be fine.

I whiffed on a decent 5x5 last night at 45 yards. Arrow was on the mark, but he hit the deck. I had to bleat to stop him in an opening, so he was edgy. It was like slow motion watching his legs buckle and he dropped probably 8-10 inches, and my arrow flew true, burned right over the top of his back.

He deserved to walk away, and he wasn't so big that I'm beating myself up over it. I'll see bigger bucks, no doubt - so it may be a blessing in disguise.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I scored last night. Not the buck I wanted to take but after I saw him I had to take him He walked in with a broken leg and some road rash. I let him walk past me and I saw he was hurting. By the time I decided to take him he was out of range getting a drink at the pond. So I grunted at him and he came back and I shot him. After the shot I heard a noise off to my left and there stands the buck I had been after. A nice ten point about a 140.

This buck scored 84 2/8 with out the h4 measurement.

I feel a little weird I'm not happy, sad or mad I guess I'm just dissapointed.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great work 130!! Any deer with a bow is a trophy!

Hope the deer are moving this weekend! I would really like to close the deal!!
Old 11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well anybody else score? let's hear some reports. I have a few doe tags left so I will go out after the gun season and try and get a couple more.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.