Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

bumped 4 bucks out on my way in (one shooter 4x4 in the group). Saw another shooter (also a 4x4) in the corn - maybe 50-60 yards out, along with an unidentified deer. Had 2 doe and a 2x3 come by, all in range.
Sounds like you had some decent action at least. Looking forward to this weekend - suppose to be a front moving in and the wife is going on an 'extended' shopping trip - should be able to hunt all weekend long....
Old 10-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep up the good work everyone, one more week till NY opener! Thats when you all will see some truly big deer
Old 10-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are starting to see some bucks. Friday night it was like 85 degrees out so we went scouting and we saw a huge knarly looking. My buddy missed him at 15 yards[:@]it was though some brush (can you say buck fever.) Then this morning right after first light I saw a huge buck about 120 yards out so I moved my stand So I hope Sunday morning I can get into him. Good luck to every one.

[/align]
Old 10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Hows it going fellas? I haven't posted in a while but I've been readin up on everybodys progress.Sounds like you guys are coming really close to bagging one.Glad to hear your wife got her a doe130woodman.Atleast someone is killin'em.My season starts this saturday so after work friday me and some buddie are heading up to the mountain and won't be back until sunday.Hopefully I can cash in.Their is supposed to be a front moving in this weekend so I hope things work out.Quick question...if In kill a doe it's not going to count as my entry is it? I'm hopeing to get any deer this weekend and I'm thinking a doe would'nt score.I thought I read somewhere thought that it's antlered deer only.
James
Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am back online boys!! How's everyones season been?

I 've seen quite a few bucks thus far. Passed a real nice 115" 2.5 yr. old on Wisconsin public land about 10 days ago now. Saw a real nice (close to 150") this past Sunday morning while filming Justin Zarr (hnijustin). Seen a couple of 115-120"'s as well thus far. Looking forward to this weekend and some cooler temps.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

So far, my log reads 29 total deer sightings, 7 bucks, 2 shooters.

Last night, I got the joy of hunting rightabove a patch town in 80+ degree heat.Some guy decides to start mowing his lawn about 200 yards below me at 6:30. That was just the icing on the cake after you factor in the constant roar of dirtbikes, quads, screaming kids, traffic and dogs barking nonstop.

I did see 2 does who didn't mind all the commotion.

Tonight will be the first night in memory where I am voluntarily takinga night in hunting seasonoff.I need a break. Last night was just too much. There's a nice italian place down the road that does 2 spaghetti dinners for $6.99 on Tuesdays, so I'm all over that. It's supposed to rain anyway. Time to re-charge the batteries for the stretch run.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys,

Sounds like many of you are seeing some nice deer. My seasonisn't starting off like you hope- I've got about 8-10 hunts in and ZERO deer sightings (minus the opening weekend action). Where I hunt, it's like 95% plain crop land, so pretty much all the deer are in the corn. After the corn is taken out, they generally move to the creek drainages, tree shelter belts, etc. and become much easier to hunt.

Problem is, they are saying that it's shaping up to be the wettest fall in the last 15 years. Seems like it rains every couple of days, which is reallykeeping the farmers out of the fields. With an early rut predeicted this year, I'm praying for some dry weather. If most of the corn is in when the rut hits - it's going to be tough hunting [:@]

I did just create a couple of mock scrapes - hoping to tick off some of the big boys and get them to move a little earlier and come out of the corn... We'll see what happens...

I'm going to be gone for a weekor so hunting elk in Colorado - so that will be a nice break. By the time I get back, the rut should be on the verge and hopefully the farmers were able to hit the harvest hard.

Good luck guys!!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my year at a glance.
Deer Sightings
September 21 night hunt with kim 1 doe 1- unknown Food[/b]
September 22 morning hunt 1 doe 2 fawns 6point Wackem[/b]
September 22 night 7 point Pond[/b]
September 23 morning hunt 3 does Wood bridge[/b]
[/b]
September 28 Night hunt 1 doe 2 fawns 5 point North Corn[/b]
September 29 morning 2 fawns Pine on C/C[/b]
September 29 Night 2 does 2 fawns 8 point 9 point Pond (Kim Doe)[/b]
September 30 Night 0 Landing[/b]
[/b]
October 5 Night Scouting[/b] Big Buck by tracks.
October 6 Morning Big buck Landing[/b]
October 6 Night 2 fawns Pond[/b]
October 7 Morning 3 Unkown Westside[/b]
October 7 Night 0 North corn[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
Total Does Fawns Bucks Unknown[/b]
6 8 7 4

Good to have you back Duke. SD goodluck in Colorado. Quicksilver I can't believe you need a break already.[&:]As for me I can't go hunting this weekend because my sister is getting married. You really thought if she wanted me there she would have gotten married in the off season. Oh well next weekend should be better.Good luck
Old 10-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My year thus far...

I've passed on 8 or 9 deer, seen about 30-35 deer. Passed on 5 different bucks thus far. Biggest deer I've seen about 145- 150 class, but I was filming and not the hunter that day.

Just can't seem to get close to a shooter in Illinois, or a doe in Wisc. (stupid earn-a-buck...[:@])!!

Come on guys we need a deer down to lift my spirits.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im still chompin at the bit here in NY, ive got the first 4 days of seasonwith no classesso i will be able to put in some serious time this weekend. Good luck and good huntin comrades!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.