Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Great buck, Congrats. He's a dandy!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have no idea what is missing......

....is it this:

Old 10-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is your box full?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Now thats what I'm talkn bout Yeaha brotha way to put the smack on that boy! He's a dandy and you got us started with a good leap nice work!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, was a really crappy morning as far as the weather goes, but the deer were moving. Light to heavy rain on and off untill 11AM when I decided to get down. Saw a real nice 8pt at about 8:30 and another smaller 2.5 yr old 8pt at around 9AM. Several Does feeding around. Was a wet but fun morning.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, 5 more minutesof daylightand we may have had score number 2. I had a shooter walk by me at yards. I watched him for about 5 minutes before he walked by me broadside at 10 yards.He looked like a 3.5 year old mainframe 8 that was REAL tall but even when I was looking thru the bino's it was tough to clearly make out his rack exactly due to lack of light and I had to put the binos down to get my bow ready, would have made a cool mount from what I could tell. By the time he was broadside and at 10 yards I couldnt even see thru my peep and make out a clean ethical kill shot, would have been a Hail Mary had I pulled trigger. Was still fun and I know the best it yet to come.

Anyone else go out?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:34 PM

sweet diesel! i went out turkey hunting this morning with my dad.....we saw 3 deer no turkey...switched it up and went bowhunting this afternoon...and didnt see a thing....go figure lol.

didnt go turkey hunting in my deer hunting farm tho, didnt wanna spread scent when i didnt have to. headin back out in the mornin to my deer hunting spot again....all the water is gone pretty much, still a few pools and puddles. lots of tracks where they are moving back into the area, didnt look too hard but saw no big buck tracks, couple of decent sized tracks.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha, thats funny TE. Sounds familiar with the turkey luck. We dont have a Fall turkey season in my county, guess thats why I have big giant fat ol toms walking around my stand almost every day now lol. Of course Im never that lucky when Spring turkey season is in.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Short version..Friday saw 4 bucks although 2 were buttons that bedded down 53 yards out from my stand. One of the otherswas a 4 point..and the 4th another non-shooter that visited the buttons they squimshly bowed to his superiority. Even though they did rub trees with there little nubs and even bumped heads a few times. They eventually made it right under me..damn nubs

NOW Saturday..I was just getting to the area I wanted to be..looking for a tree, whenI heard a deer running close (wet leaves hard wind) thought I spooked it. But once I see it, it's running at me..drop to knees, climber still on back, grab and nock arrow..she bolts by at 10 -12 yards behind her is a so-so buck chasing her and then a BIG Guy chasing them both..I gave a "maa..MAA" no stopping him he had a one track mind. That was at 3:10 PM. Saw one doe the rest of the evening no shot chance even though she was in range.

This is the same spot I saw "Chocolate Horns" and the "Dagger Buck" except I was back in the woods farther..any question where I'll be tonight?? May forego the treestand and ground hunt tonight, for some mobility. The wind last night was to swirly in that hollow.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, things are really heating up for you GR8. Ground hunting can pay off especially when bucks are chasing Does. Ive had many many close call encounterswith bucks while chasing Does walking to my stand or out of my stand locations. The Does just get freaked out from being chased non stop by one or several biucks, and the bucks are so intent on folowing the Doe, its a great opportunity, 2 or 3 weeks when their gaurd will be as low as its gets all year.

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.