Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Well my latest adventure is posted on main board.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2380930

Long story short...saw another good buck although not a good scoring buck..3.5-4.5 year old mature awesome one side, butwith a 14-16 inch spike on the other. Unique and mature enough I'd have lanced him..given the chance.

He was scraping, rubbing, and working licking branches. Hung up at 68 yards!
Man I love bucks with odd racks like that. They make great mounts. Sounds a great hunt.
The golden time is approaching fast. Found al new scrape line with some bigrubs at ny back up spot, which I guess is going to be my primary spot now. Im going to start hunting one of the first 2 scrapes coming from the bedding area, or closest to the bedding area. If hes going tocheck them, he'll hit them first.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Sounds very bad Diesel..sure it isn't EHD? Sounds about right, dying near water..or where water should have been. I know around Pittsburgh and South, word of mouth reports, are very bad!
Well Im sure it could be EHD. Ive called the DNR 3 times with no response. Either way the poor things are dropping like flies and suffering.Im sure the deer we have managed over the last 10 years will probably suffer for years to come because of this. You know its funny how Mother Nature works, she always has a way of balancing things out eventually.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Hey all,
Just checking in sorry havent been around its been nuts here but the good news is the wife is back on her feet. Igot to go out saturday seen 6 does 3 bucks one decent 6 in a spot on stae land that ive never hunted so ill go back again this week sometime. The weather has been great here the last 4 days high temps of about 65.
Mantis congrats on the baby!
Ill check in tommorrow again just got back from down youre neck of the woods Diesel went to a wedding at college park.
Later
Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok Prediction time..Men, one of us,will lay one down for the team in the next week. That is before 10/23 ends we have a scoring buck enteredin the contest.

Based on that you have a 1 in 10 chance of scoring in the next 7 days..pretty good odds in the deer woods..Now get out there!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

At this point yer odds are better than that @ 1-9 maybe I'll get the cast off next week.

Good Luck ,Jim
Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah the hormones are taking over now, time to be in the woods. Im hunting every evening this week and I'll be hunting ALL day Thurs and Fri.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jim ..I thought you were having your riser cast into place. How's the recovery going?

We are some team huh..

You with the wrist
Me with the achilles
Nicks wife Gall bladder surgery
Mantis with a new born
Diesels herd dying off

geez..we are in some bad shape...lol. Time to overcome some odds and get to the front of the pack!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

They just put some preformed P.O.S. on it for now ,I can take it off a couple of times a day.
I'm waiting for some test that they put dye into the joint to see where it leaks out. I'm sitting here with 3 fractures of small bones and one tendon that needs reattached.
I still am in the woods every night scouting and checking my camera..Its been hotter than I like to hunt any way.
And right now I'm afraid of my wrist collapsing and my riser coming back hitting me in the face. []My good looks aren't a problem but I'd hate to knock my teeth out.

I think we have a great chance I have another month of season and those last two weeks are just great.If you take the chocolate horned buck this week we will be staged to make a run for the lead.
Good luck guys.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well my MD trip got scraped due to my sons nanny moving and would of had to scrap the KY trip also if it wasn't for my wife taking off work to watch the grandkids so we could go. Shes such a good woman!
Gonna try to pull a rabbit out of my hat next week and head up to Black River and camp/hunt for a few days, we have taken a few good bucks out of there in the past. Heading for KY on the 2nd.
I think your right GR8, getting into prime time, someone should post a buck soon.
Thats a shame about the dead deer Diesel, it does sound like EWD, mother nature does have her own form of QDM.

I traded a Shorthair pup for a Cow Elk the other day at one of the game farms and went to pick it up Saturday. When we got there they were getting ready to shoot a Bull (2500.00) They threw out some corn and the guy shot it standing right there next to the fence whith a mouth full of corn looking at him 20 yards away. Now how in the He!! can they call that hunting?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

I traded a Shorthair pup for a Cow Elk the other day at one of the game farms and went to pick it up Saturday. When we got there they were getting ready to shoot a Bull (2500.00) They threw out some corn and the guy shot it standing right there next to the fence whith a mouth full of corn looking at him 20 yards away. Now how in the He!! can they call that hunting?
What? No cow elk is wortha GSP puppy!! You are getting a live cow elk? For a pet? Just the meat already butchered? Im guessing its legal to buy and sell deer/elk? Do tell. Sounds cool whatever you dod SF

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.