Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Good luck tomorrow fellas, this little cold snap should make the morning pretty good I would think.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to u and youre wife Mantis thats great!!!!
As for me my hunting will be done for a couple of weeks my wife had to go in for emergency gall blader surgery so i will be playin Mr MOM for a couple weeks she cant pick up the baby for at least a week and half thats just killin her. But its been to hot to hunt anyway that was till this morning its beautiful up here in WMd only about 50 degrees this morning would have been a nice morning to be in a tree. Ill hit em hard here in a couple weeks though thats when it gets fun anyway. Once again congrats Mantis!!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, glad the wife is okay Nick, and hope she has a health and speedy recovery.

Didnt see one deer, Ive only been completely skunked on seeing deer less fhan I have fingers on 1 hand in the last 10 years at this property. I put a camera out about 800 yards away from where I hunt in hardwoods above what is now our completely dried up creek3 days ago just to see what the heck these deer are doing since they have seemed to have gone AWOL. Well, corn was out for 3 days/nights and not 1 picture on the camera, it is on a main trail also. Im wondering if they have gone to another property for water?? We have 2200 acres and its about 1.5 miles long with a road bordering the 2 long sides of the property and there is now not a drop of water on our place. Yikes
Old 09-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Thx Diesel.
Yeah as hot as it has been around here lately thats probably where they are at thats where id be anyhow . Lookin for water dont worry though diesel its starting to cool down thell be back
Old 09-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading back out for the evening. I'll check back in later tonight. Good luck all.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

GR8, any updates?? I moved a stand to the complete opposite end of our property, about 1 mile,where the creek enters our property. Set up at the creek bottom. Saw 8 Does in the woods, and I came out about 15 minutes early so I could glass the beans. Bingo, deer were all over it, must have seen 30 or 40 deer including bucks.Im not sure if its because they are closer to the water source, or what, but at least I found some deer. I walked up the dried up creek bottom yeserday, was pretty amazing to see what used to be a 2 foot deep fast moving creek that was 10 to 15 feet wide completely dry.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nick wish the wife the best..and we're hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Diesel and team.... Well Wish I had a big story..Truth is as I sit here at 1:30 Sunday Afternoon. I've sat in a couple different places..good places..Places I expected action at any time. I've logged right around 12 hours on stand with the proper winds..scent protection etc..I haven't seen a hair! Well not true Squirrels, Turkey..listen to the Coyotes sing me away last night..but0deer.

I did move one this morning in the dark but I was still acloser to my truck than my stand. I was back in there aways.

Debating on this evening..I want to go to the deer factory (just a local farm) to at least get some action..but we have a south wind that makes it confusing..I'd have to set up on the backside of the woods .....hmmmm uhhhh....just dunno the plan as of yet!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

GR8, Do you have a topo of your new area? If so, post it or send it to me and I'll take a look. Otherwise, on new property I always start looking at the saddles and try to determine which ones will be used to move between food and bedding areas.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I try and get a pic up later of the ariel Firemedic.. I'd be glad to hear any input as it's new land..That I haven't set foot on!

As for last night .nothing to report...plenty of squirrels no deer..I may have too much corn this year..at least early! Hmm..can't make it out tonight and the weather's gonna keep getting hotter.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bawanna how were things your way??

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.