Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team 10 Thread

So ..... whats else is everyone plan on hunting this year besides deer? Im a HUGE dove hunting fan, and waterfowl.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Squirrel, Rabbit, Pheasant,Grouse ...Plan to do some inline Deer too.

We will throw in an early season crow hunt ortwo and then hit them hard come January-March.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

September first we will be doing all you golfers a favor and eliminating some geese. Maybe some doves later in the week.Then Michigan for some grouse .PA Bow season , Shot gun deer in New York, PA bear then some winter grouse over in Gr8's area of PA.
Thena littlecoyote & beaver trapping around here.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:47 PM

bow hunting all season long (sept thru Jan)

Turkey hunt every day i get a chance during season, fall and spring

huge waterfowl fan, always enjoyed it but got hooked for good last year at reelfoot lake, tn

edit: cant forget coyote calling during the winter months....i suck at it but still attempt LMAO

i enjoy dove hunting, but it interferes with bow season, and that upsets me....i would rather have bow in hand. now if i tag out on a buck, say....opening weekend....the rest of september will probably be spent chasin dove and eraly wood duck/ teal.

next fall i will be chasin mulies/antelope for my graduation present from the parents, so long as i get everything planned out and booked this winter. probably headed to montana, for gauranteed archery tags for both.

i only have one problem with that trip tho, i cant for the life of me convince my dad that taking my bow for this trip is a good decision. he is one of those, well why not have the 250 yard range instead of 50 yd, kind of guys. makes a tough point, but i like bowhunting better, so what are some good arguements for bow over gun?

Old 08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya TEmbry, my dove and resident goose season starts Sep 1st and my bow season starts Sept 15th so I have 2 weeks to enjoy some dove hunting and some goose hunting before putting up a mail box at my tree stands lol.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

As you requested el Capitan, back at the top. This is great for my post count [8D]
Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

I hear ya TEmbry, my dove and resident goose season starts Sep 1st and my bow season starts Sept 15th so I have 2 weeks to enjoy some dove hunting and some goose hunting before putting up a mail box at my tree stands lol.
i hope i tag out before our duck season comes in.....then it would be off to waylaying every duck and goose in south central ky...which aint many.

after those after the kill bag posts, im stuffin a back pack full of all kinds of those goodies to keep in my truck toolbox. pretty good idea if any of you didnt catch that thread on the main board.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I need a raise boss!! Back to the top!!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I just found our thread on page 2...shame on me. I used to duck and goose hunt, but I moved away from the guy that had the majority of the decoys and the boat. Makes it a little difficult. Now I focus all my time deer and turkey. Missouri archery tags allow 2either-sex deerand 2 turkey on the same permit. It is nice to have the opportunity to hunt both at the same time, but it can be a pain carrying everything. Ialso use my selfbowto huntthe occasional tree rat or cotton tail.

I will of course be out during firearms season and muzzleloader. I'm switching out my percussion .45 cal with a flintlock so I'll be doing it really old school this fall. I'm currently making some cedar arrows with stone points I got from my brother while in Michigan. I plan to do some primitive hunting the beginning of the season try to take a deer with equipment I have made myself.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I will be doing some squirrel hunting with my daughter before bow season comes in . Then the usual bowhunting every chance i get. Almost there! Hey diesel i will help you out to keep us at the top lol

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.