Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 - Official Team 10 Thread

Finely got the Avatar to work, I will be using the new/used outfit in my signature box this season, that cost a whopping 202.00.125 gr Thunderheads, and GT 5575 arrows.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Gotcha Diesel. Either way, I took it in jest. I have tobe in Emmitsburg 10/5-10/7. However, I could extend my stay either side of that weekend if you happen to be planning to hunt already (no expectations on my part and don't feel any obligation on your part). I just thought it might be fun to meet and hunt with some new friends. Thats reminds me...I really need to make it a point to meet KodiakArcher.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

I'm hunting with a 2006 Diamond Victory, Easton Axis ST 400 and 100gr G5 Montecs.

Question...I saw the poll in our threadthis afternoon, but couldn't figure out what it was for. Can anyone enlighten me?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Silver ,I used to shoot a Jennings Arrow star what a great bow I ended up giving it a friend of mines son and has not only shot his first buck with it he has a couple of does also.
That bow was as smooth as silk to draw and sat perfectly in your hand after the shot. It is a great bow.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: firemedic_79

Question...I saw the poll in our threadthis afternoon, but couldn't figure out what it was for. Can anyone enlighten me?
Rob was just having some fun with us and made up a team poll..He's all silly on percocets
Old 08-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys went out on the Atv and hung a trail cam yesterday on the edge of my newly aquired property (permission).

I saw 2 bucks while looking for a spot to hang it. The first was a nice 8. I know they look bigger in velvet but he would be tempting. the second had huge spikes and little nubs for brow..umm bumps. He let me drive the quad past him at 15 yards laying down. When I circled left he stood up, and I realized that was just about where I wanted the camera so I made the circle complete and he just watched me. When I stopped he bolted. Amazing how they'll let you get so close when they feel hidden.

This property is pretty back in there. There is a big soybean field that can't be seen unless you are back there. My plan is to go back in Saturday early evening and get the camera and then sit back from the field till dark and see what emerges. Should be fun!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man, very cool GR8.Sounds like its going to a fun evening. Its only going to be in the high 70s this weekend, should be a nice cool evening to sit back and enjoy the show. I'll be going out Sunday and yanking my cameras for good, or at least until the pre rut starts around the end of October.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good day to me GR8, Thats one thing I do miss about Kentucky and Kansas is glassing the Bean and clover fields in the evenings.
Its mostly big woods where I live now.
I talked to my friend in Kentucky yesterday, said He's been watching 4 in the bottoms that would make book, and one that will go B&C. SoI may make the Sept trip after all, if I dont score then I still have Nov in KY.
Man I gotta tell you guys, Hunting Ky in Sept is nothing nice! Between the Heat, Ticks, Chiggers, and Skeeters it can test your will, and some of you know what Im talking about.

Hay Diesel, I see where you have GSP's and are thinking about changing to Labs, Just to let you know, we have been selling a few ofour Rone, darker colored pups to Guys that Duck Hunt, Said they get the best of both worlds with the GSP's!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Silver,my best pure hunting GSP I ever owned, Gunner(Gunners Flying Warlord) was a swimming fool. I would train him all season and in the summer, we would use ponds and lakes with water deec's so he didnt over heat. GSP have partially webbed feet so they are built for being around and in some water.

Seems to be the trend to cross train and hunt different breeds, labs for upland birds, pointers for water retreival, as long as the dogs and owners are happy then its all good. Nothing like watching a dog do what it was bred to do though, watching genetics and Mother Nature in action in pups is a pretty awesome sightno doubt.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry15

ORIGINAL: MILLERTIME10

I was just doing a little studying on the controlled hunt I got drawn for and came across this page. This is a page with pictures of the all time greats that are on the controlled hunt area I will be hunting. I am sure some of them aren't still alive, but it just shows the potential that is in that area. Thought I would share it with you all.
Just click on the link: http://www.mcaapcontrolledhunts.com/All_Time_Greats.htm
i checked out the site, but it is weird and foreign to me....what is a controlled hunt? and by the list of things not allowed, i am surprised you are allowed to wear camo. i couldnt go just cause you cant use a compound. Is it just federal land, a private high fence operation, _______, im confused.

hows about a little explanation.

O yea, and one thing i did learn from that site, is that there are some MONSTERS in that area, best of luck.
Here is a definition of a controlled hunt in Oklahoma, "controlled hunts are held in situations where unrestricted hunting would pose safety concerns or where over harvest might occur." In this case, on the McAlester Ammunition Plant, it would pose safety concerns to allow general public into the area. They produce and test anything from small grenades to 2,000 lb bombs inside the plant. It is a very high security area, especially right now. The whitetail population is great there and having controlled hunts is the only way to keep the herd in check. And no, it is not a high fenced area.

In order to hunt a controlled hunt area, you must put in through the Oklahoma State Wildlife Dept. with a $5 fee prior to a certain date, normally mid May. There are several controlled hunts offered in Oklahoma, but this is the only one that is traditional bow only. I enjoy the challenge and like shooting a recurve, that is why I applied for it. It is very difficult to get drawn for this hunt b/c so many people put in for it. They also offer gun, rifle, bow, youth, doe only,and buck onlycontrolled hunts. You can also draw out for turkey, elk, and antelope.

Here is a website to explain it a little better than I do: http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/controlhunt.htm

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.