Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread >

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Default RE: 10 - Official Team 10 Thread

ill be hunting come september 1st. weve got a bachelor group of 4 or 5 bucks pretty well patterned, and they are all shooters in my book. every evening weve been scouting they come out into the field al little over 100 yards away from my stand location. hopefully opening evening they will feed there way within 40 yards. in the group there are two 8s thatll go around 110 or so, a nine (pics posted) thatll probgo mid 120s maybe 130s, a 10 that ive been glassin that WILL score high 130s prob somewhere in the 140s if not higher, he is a brute. and the last deer kept feeding out of sight before i could ge the spotting scope on him for a real good look, it could be that 9 point, making it 4 deer, but from the glance i got of him, he struck me as a bigger deer than the 10, which would make it 5good bucks down there. i think im in heaven just thinkin bout sept 1.

Millertime, that sounds like a sweet setup and thanks for the explanantion.

And i shoot a..... well just read below.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

September 15th not a whole lot of big deer here in western md but ill do my best. I go out every chance i get from sept 15 till season out. That is when the wife lets me go . Just kiddin Shes pretty good about that. No pics yet camera keeps screwin up soon as we get some worth postin we will. The one nice one we knew we had got Smacked by a car. But well see but u guys sounds like u guys got pretty good prospects. Gd Luck.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Our season starts Oct. 1 here in Oklahoma. I will hunt off and on from that time until the end of Oct. It just depends on if I have one patterned or not. If I don't have a good buck patterned, I will play it safe and try not to bump anything that may be lurking around the area that I don't know about. Come Nov. 1 is when I get serious, I will sit all day and try to catch a cruisin buck that is pissed or in love, one. I won't shoot a buck unless he will go on the wall, that means that it is a possibility of me goingthe seasonempty handed, (other than the occasional slick head or mercy kills) but it is about the experience more than anything. I just love being out there and spending time in the woods. I haven't caught any good ones on camera just yet, so I may have to play it safe early on and try to put some meat in the freezer with a couple does.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:35 PM

I won't shoot a buck unless he will go on the wall, that means that it is a possibility of me goingthe seasonempty handed, (other than the occasional slick head or mercy kills) but it is about the experience more than anything
i agree 100%. well thats been my philosophy ever since i killed my last buck in '04, which was also the first i have shot worth mounting.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

I just got done combing over some aerial photos and topo maps of a 320 acre lease I joined this year. So with that and the initial walk through the other day I came to the conclusion that if I stay away from the warn down four wheeler paths, a plethora of neon ladder stands and over hunted food plots I should have a slam dunk season in there.

I’m shooting a Bowtech Extreme VFT, Muzzy broadheads, Easton ACC arrows, APA Ultimate Twister rest, Spot Hogg Real Deal sight.

Around here a 120 inch buck is something to get exited about and that’s where my bar is set though if it’s early and one shows, I’ll be torn between passing for the time being. There are 130 and 140+ running around but they’re few and far between. I doubt though that I’ll watch a 120 crewz on by cuz they still get my blood pumping and unlike some places they’re worthy of a shoulder mount in my house. My three week vacation starts October 29th and hopefully the baby is sleeping on a somewhat rhythmic schedule and momma is leveled out on the hormone plummet by then and I can get some serious tree time……Haaa like it used to be when I took a break from chasing tail and hit the woods for steak and horn.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season opens here in MI, Oct 1. So Ill give you allthe bad news first. I have filled 3 tags in the last 10 seasons here innorthern MI. The good news is, they were all 130class bucks (good bucks for this area) and I am over due! Also my success ratio is much higher in Kentucky and I already posted how things are looking down there, and RutNut is keeping his Eye on a couple of Big Ones in MD for us.
I have never needed to fill a tag, and have a drawer full of unused ones.
I am what you would call a tag soop connoisseur!
Im expecting a Booner this year, but the facts are Im a sucker for an 8pt that will score in the 130's!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well it sounds like we are all pretty cool and quietly confident. Tembry's on some good bucks early. I know Diesel has some awful nice pics posted in the trail camera forum (and here). Millertime will find them big Oklahoma boys, I have no doubts about that! Mantis I know you'll put in the work to get back in there and find a dandy.(and a 120 is a dandy!) Nick that sucks about one getting hit. There still some good ones out there. ( which reminds me..I already got a doe this year. I hit one in March with my Blazer!)
Sliver I feel ya bro, sometimes our minds hold out for what the land doesn't possess. Something I struggle with that myself. This year we get our reward my friend!

Keep the dialog coming guys!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know that saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I was after this incredible spikea few years agofor my second buck tag. He was a serious brute of a spike, he hadhuge bases, and like 16 inch antlers, he would probably not score above 50" but to me he was the trophy of a life time. Lets see if I can find pics of the cool lil dude. He would have been on my wall if I ever had a shot at him.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

another pic

Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

one more

Quick Reply: 10 - Official Team Germ Warfare Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.