Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Went out last night. Had 8-9 does and three bucks come with 80 yds. The one buck was a beauty, looked to be in the 110-120 class. Called a few times, he just ignored it. Can't wait for tomorrow morning. Good luck Tim.

Shane
Old 11-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like some action is goin on!!!

Good luck guys!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

WAY TO GO MN!!! Here'sa pretty nice 3.5.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texas......THAT IS A MONSTER!!!!!

That deer would boost our score like someone sittin down on a cactus

I hope you get that monster!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM

WOW! that is an amazing buck! I hope u get a shot at him Texas
Old 11-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

hey team sorry i havent put anymore pics on or wrote anything about. my brother put the pic on the official score card and i dont know how to do it. but for a short story i was sitting in my stand at about 5:35 last saturday and i decided i would rattle for just a bit. i rattled for porbably 30 seconds and quit for just a bit to see if i could hear anything and sure enough i could hear him running towards me. he came in up wind of me and was running until probably sixty yards from me. he then went to a walk and at twenty yards i was drawn back and gave him a couple of whistles to stop him and i let him have. i double lunged him and he went about 75 yards. that is the best buck i have ever shot and it was blast watching him come into the horns.

TJF-what part of north dakota are you from?

good luck to everyone and shoot straight
Old 11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Joel

I live in the Devils Lake area. Where abouts are you from in Minn?? Again congrats on a great buck !!

Eric

Very nice buck for 3.5years old!!

Tim
Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once again......WAY TO GO MAN!!!! THAT WAS AN AWESOME DEER!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going crazy guys!! I can't hunt again till Saturday AM. I hate it when daylight savings time ends!! Right now I am working 4-10's on a job site, then I am working Friday and Saturday in the office!! I am trying my hardest to sneak in a day off this week, but so far it is not looking too good!!
Here is a little update for everyone on my from last weekend. Went outSaturday morning and was on stand by 6.Sat until 11:00 and saw 15 does, 0 bucks! Went home, watched the Iowa game (GO HAWKS), and went back out around 2:45 behind my parents house. Saw a decent 10 about 80 yards out,and he didn't respond to rattles, grunts, or bleats. Then saw a small button buck late in the evening. Haven't seen any rut activity as of yet.Good luck to everyone else!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

The bucks are moving here petty good. Last night was a windy so I stayed out of my good spots and found some trees to hunt. Pretty quiet but I expected that. Had one doe out of range and a young 3pt 35 yards out.

This morning was great. Saw 7 bucks with twocoming in15 yards from me. Young bucks so I passed. While I was dealing with the last buck, I saw ahuge bodied beast harrashing a doe. He went the other way after her. Good mass on him but by the time I could sneak a peek with the binos, he dissappeared behind a knoll and I never got another look. I might go after him tomorrow morning but it will be tough getting into that spot. I am pretty sure it is his main core area butwith the rifles coming out next Friday, I will push it cause this spot gets hit hard.

Heading out after lunch to another spot where I passed a really nice buck last year.I am pretty sure he made as thebuck that's been seen there fits him to aT, just a lot bigger !! I generally don't scout this spot as it is a no brainer for setting up and there usually is a good buck in there.

Goodluck to everyone!!

Tim

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.