Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Well team, I just looked over the score card and we are currently sitting in 3rd place. A buck that scores 87 inches or more would put us in the lead for now. We want more than that though, so lets get some inches!! I can say on my behalf that I am getting closer to those big boys. Had one of them last night come within about 75 yards. I am having a decent feeling about this evening!! Good luck guys!!

Brett
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job so far guys. I'll be heading home Friday, so with a little luck I'll be in the woods Friday evening and all day Saturday. Wish me luck, and good luck to everyone else!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys my internets been down for 4 days, BUT i just checked the score card and

WAHOOOO!!!!!
WAY TO GO MN!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, last night was quite the night. I started off by bumping a nice and wide 4 point. He is going to be a big boy, thats for sure!!! I bumped him while walking through the bean field while he was standing on the fenceline. He ran about 60 yards, stood there, and then slowly walked off. I think he only heard me, so I don't think I alerted him too much. First thing I see on stand was something that looked like a coyote, but he looked almost black. I think it was a wild dog, or possibly a timberwolf. I want to rule out timberwolf just so I have it out of my head. I will be carrying the next time I go to that spot! Had a nice buck coming tords my stand and was about 70 yards away, when one of the neighboring farms dogs chased a doe right in the direction that I was hunting and spooked off the buck. This is the 2nd time in 2 days that this exact thing has happened. I told the farmer who's land I hunt about it, and he said that he would talk to the guy about his dogs. I might try to hit this spot on Thursday, but I might just wait until Saturday morning when I can sit all day. The deer are starting to move pretty good out there, so I am pleased! This may be due to 90% of the cropsin the area being out now, but I'm thinking it maybe just because of the nearing rut. Good luck to the rest of you.

Brett
Old 10-31-2007, 09:58 PM

CONGRATS MN! that is an awesome buck!

Got out again today saw a spike buck in the morning play around my stand for bout 20 minutes and a pretty big bodied deer head into a corn field thats around 250 yards away from my stand, couldnt make out if it was a buck or a doe though. Then later that night had a button buck walk right underneath my stand. The deer seem to be moving, the weather was nice, but in my area there is still way too much corn up. Hopin the farmers cut it down soon. Fri will be the next time ill be goin out.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mn, congrats dude. Awesome deer. Where are the pics? way to go bud!

Shane
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Headed back out this afternoon after work . Have Mon. , Tues, and next Thursday off. Hopefully I can work a little magic and make it happen. Have seen a few nice bucks around, so I know they are in the area.

Shane
Old 11-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck sr77!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys !! Looks like I've been missing a lot but corn harvest is finally over for us!!!!!!! Was nasty and Iput in 376 hrs in 23 days. [&:]I've got a week off to hunt... starting tomorrow!! Bucks are chasing pretty good here. Sounds like you guys are getting some hunting in. Lets keep this party rocking and put a couple more big ones down !! Time to put the fear in the other teams !!!

Joel

Congrats ona great buck !! You didn't waste any timein putting abigone down .

Landon

Good luck on drilling Double D. Great looking buck !!!

Tim

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.