Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team 5 Thread

Just checking in. Actually have tomorrow off fromwork. Wind will be wrong for the 5 pt so going to try another area. Would try for the 4x5 but they are talking pretty breezy right away in the morning. He would probably bed early on account of it since it is so open there.

The spot I've got in mind had the really wide 4 ptbuck running it. It is sheltered a bit so the deer should wander a bitbefore bedding.Keeping it conservative...the wide buckshould go 145. I also saw a decent 5 pt down there also that should go 140. If nothing else, I should be able to shoot a doe.

Tim

Here's the wide buck...

Old 09-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team 5 Thread

NOW THAT IS ONE HECK OF A DEER!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TJF!!!!!!

GET ER DONE!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Whats up guys. Tim that is an awesome deer there bud. Looked out the back door today and saw 5 does and 4 bucks back up in the biologic plot I planted. The bucks were sparing and pushing eachother around. I ran and got the camara and got about 8 mins. of video tape. One was a nice six, the others I would not shoot. The big boys should start showing themselves within the next 3 weeks. So fired up for the opener. BTW early doe starts Sat. Woo hoo.

Shane
Old 09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome Shane!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:07 PM

WOW! Tim looks like you got some nice property your hunting on. I hope you get a crack at one. I'm still waitin for the season to start, and im thinking about hunting New Jersey weekdays and PA weekends dont know for sure yet though b/c of college and work. Im headin over to a neighbor nearby to see if I can hunt his property tomorrow, I have seen loads of deer on his property. Anyway if I cant hunt there then I'll be just hunting PA when i get days off.

Nate
Old 09-13-2007, 10:02 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Shane

Sounds like you've got a good spot also. Best of luck when your season starts.

Nate

Hopefully you get permission.

Well my day off started off with the wind trying to blow the house down. Well maybe not quite that bad. It was just a tad bit stronger then they predicted. [:'(] Got up at 3:30 to 35 -40 mph gusts. Climb back in bed. Up again at 4:30 and nothing had changed so went back to bed for a sleep in. I don't mind hunting in winds up to 25 mph in the open but over that it just sucks the fun out of it.

Did make it out for and evening hunt. Passed on a really small doe. Then a big doe came by but wastrailed by two small fawnsbarely out of spots. Old age must be making me soft, I passed. [] She came by again and I passed again. Then she wandered off. Well so I thought. About the last 10 minutes of shooting time,one of her fawns came up behind me. I knew I was in trouble but it hardly matter at this point. At5 yards thedoe finallybusted me when she got behind me. I should have shot her when I had the chance before!! Nothing like a doeblowing to send everyone packing for the hills. [:@]

I enjoyed the hunt though. Saw6 young bucks with 4 of them in bowrange.Two were still in velvet and one withsome velvetstill hanging on. Had one bed down 25 yards from me. It was a fun night watching theyoung bucks posturing and being tough guys with each other.The toughest one of the bunch picked on the wrong doe. She put him in his place fast with flying fronthooves of fury!! That is the doe I wanted to shoot but she turn right before she got in range and feed away from me.

Tim

Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well TJF..........even though you came home empty handed it sounds as though you had fun and saw something pretty cool happen!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:56 PM

One more month and I can hit the woods. I am really getting tired of waiting.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ash..........when is yer opener??.......just seems like yer season opens kinda late if you cant hunt fer another month.........
Old 09-17-2007, 05:08 AM

It starts the middle of October.

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.