Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 9-Official The Dream Team Thread >

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9-Official Team Thread

UHOH Antler Eater is on the prowl so it is just a matter of time be4 he scores on another Iowa monster. Can't wait to read the story, he is Ernest Hemingway when it comes to describing his hunts.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Finally, summer's left, & the temps have come down. 55 for a high tommorrow. I'll definitely be going out tommorrow night, Fri eve, & Sat in the morning. Hopefully, we'll put some thing up on the board for the team.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, same here. I have not been out much this year due to weather and new 2nd job. However now that the 90s have left and we are back to normal, I will be out the next 2 days. Hope to at least get a a doe on the board.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank the lord the temps are cooling off here as well!!!
Sounds like everyone on our team is getting a bit of this cool off
I was in my stand yesterday morning and passed on a 137 to 140 class looking 2.5 years old buck... I got to watch him work a licking branch broadside at 21.5 yards.... I know there are much better bucks at the park I am hunting so I will wait for a better one.
Yesterday evening I watched aSHOOTER with a Non typical rack up feeding at 5:05 pm but he never came close enough for a shot[:@]
I then watched a 5 point 1.5 year old buck sniffing where I had just pee'd...Yep I am my own scent factory getting close to ovulation timejust in time for my bowhunt in Brown County Illinois I leave Oct 22nd, he then walked right under me in my climber, all the while he was oblivious to the coyote in the brush behind me that was stalking him, eventually he figured out the coyote was there and the 2 of them had a stare down stand off... man it was neet to watch. The coyote finally gave up and the buck went about his feeding and slowly feed out of sight.So the evening wrapped up with no buck for me but I got a great call on the way back last night from a friend of mine... One of my friends had the pleasure of getting his 1st deer with a bow last evening on public land. he is so excited I just wish I could of been there to share it with him.... man I am Happy For Him!!
gonna get out again tommorrow morning.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

No luck here either. I have been out alot, but not having much luck. The cooler weather should help, but the crops coming out will help even more. I have seen a lot more sign than usual this early in the season. 3 more weeks until things should get real interesting. Good luck team!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

I was in Pulaski, NY for first part of week. Here is a pick of a 24 lber. We caught a few larger. Headed down to the swamps tomm to hunt Sika deer. To bad they dont have a calculation for the contest. They are members of the elk family and found on the eastern shore of MD where i live.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whacker awesome catch and pic! I am jealous.

Lady Forge I cannot wait to see what you end up encountering if your passing 140" deer. That is awesome.

Nothing but does and small bucks so far for me. Waiting for a 125" or better. Deer are moving here in Minnesota now that it's cooled off.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Nice catch whacker! Did you smoke him, or fry him in some batter?

I saw 3 150" plus bucks yesterday morning before sun up. They were going from cornfield to cornfield. They were still running together, and with the corn still in it is just a matter of being patient. I have seen 2 of these bucks earlier this year, and they are still running the same pattern. Hopefully the largest of them, 22"+ width and nice height, will give me a shot. Is it November yet?

Good luck everyone!!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

my old man takes them and smokes them. they're pretty game and all since they are running to spawn and then die. remind me alot of bluefish as far as smell. I work with fish everyday and I can honestly say the smell of them got to me.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

The wind is right this evening I am headed to a place that I have been waiting to hunt till now. There has been deer moving through that area almost every night so we will see what happens

Quick Reply: 9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.