Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread. >

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

No shame in that game. Take what you can get.

My expectations change depending where I am hunting.
On my East Texas lease a 110" buck would get an arrow.

I'm trying to break 125 on the hill country lease.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 PM

well guys tommorrow is my last day of vacation. i passed up another 120-130 class buck at 20 yards broadside adn i had drawn on him, but decided to wait on one bigger. i hope i didnt screw up. ill get this weekend and the long thanksgiving weekend before the rifle hunters get a crack atem
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Barredrock, hats off to you, sounds like you have a great spot. I spent 2 long afternoon/evenings this weekend and saw nothing but tree rats. I went to CT today since its the last day of archery season. I think there's a late season, but I'll probably stay local. Its a long drive, and after I got back to my truck the landowner said that he hasn't been seeing any deer in the evenings but they are moving in the morning. I usually have luck there in the evenings (I just had some grilled backstrap to remind me). Anyway, I'll get out again next weekend a little closer to home and see what's what.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Barredrock, I know your trying to dig our team out of a rut- but you don't have to keep on passing 130" deer for our sake [8D].

I'm trying to hold out for something to bust the mid 120's, but my patience is wearing thin.

IfI see 125 on a mature build 4.5 yo + (that would be most likely for the 120# deer in the hill county) I'll have a hard time not flinging the arrow.

I don't hit it again until Friday. I'll drive up burping T-day dinner the whole way .
Old 11-20-2007, 06:14 PM

All total i dont think i have seen a deer much over 130. that being said i have had 5 different 120-130 class bucks within 40 yards or closer. I drew on two of them and didnt shoot. i decided to wait on 130 or bigger and i have four days this weekend to do it before the rifle hunters get out there. it seems like after the rut is winding down i dont see nearly as many, but sometimes i see a real nice one. so i hope i see a real nice one on thanksgiving day
Old 11-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Thanksgiving weekend plans were postponed.

BUT, this weekend is a go- good Lord willing.

Good luck to those that go!
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

I am down to my last week and a half of the season and I might be able to get out twice if I am lucky so it is not looking good on my end.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:51 PM

its rifle season now in kansas so i will be waiting till its over to go out again. i am regretting not shooting the few 120-130 class bucks i had chances at
Old 12-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to report here but heat.
Another hot weekend in the forcast so I am actually staying out of the woods for a change.
I'm planning on another attack next week though.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

the exact opposite hear davec, it is 10 degrees right now, I have the next three days of hunting then i am done, I am getting ready to head out now, hopefully it will warm up alittle, the good news is we have 10 inches of new snow.

Quick Reply: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.