Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

If the bucks where in that area last year they are there now. They will come out soon as the pre-rut starts to break out.

Matthews, we had that kind of thing happen at our lease to. At least you saw the 7 pt, that's a great sign. I'm sure his brother's and hopefully dad are not far away.

Scot, wish I could help you on the tech side but I'm just now learning all that myself. This is only my 3rd season with a bow. I'm a 29" draw at a short 5'9" but I have mine set on 28" to get a little more control.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:36 PM

sorry have not been online much been scouting and hanging stands season starts a week from this saturday. what deer i have seen looks like a good season ahead.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scot,

Is your left shoulder tucked in? I'm not an expert but maybe able to help out a little if there's an issue you want to correct.I noticed that I can shoot my buddy's Switchback with almost the same form as my Allegiance though.

Jarrod,

You may want to think about pre-rut scent. It worked once for me a long time ago in early October in PA.

Chuck,

Thanks for stoping in and giving us a heads-up. Shoot straight and good luck this year and I hope you get a buck.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...Well dave at least you know you got a nice buck in your area. you kinda hate to find out the way you did but.... SH!t happens. I forgot my release one time, and i could of had a big BEAR if i would of had it.

All i got is 2 pics on my camera 1 doe and a spike horn. the season is getting closer only 2 weeks now...i cant wait to get out there.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like everyone is gearing up to go soon. This is awesome! I love this time of year. I could smell fall in the air this morning. Chuck that is great news. Glad to hear your options are looking good! I saw your Fred Bear signature, thats what kind of bow I have. I love it.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Dave the left shoulder is down and in.I am always trying to achieve bone to bone form.That is what is bugging me a bit I feel like I am coming out of the left shoulder socket a little to much,if my draw length was a little bit shorter I wouldn't be able to do that.It is no big deal,I hunt with a pinky trigger and use back tension to trigger my shots so draw length is critical.I have had archery instruction with a nationally known(controversial) instructor,Bernie Pellerite,a three day coaching certification course about 6 or 7 years ago.I could use a refresher.Bow set up is so critical to good shooting.I have to find the right pro shop,hard to find in rural area's.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate when it feels like something is out of whack. I spent about a month dealing with that this summer and one day everything clicked back in. I hope that things work themselves out for you.

My problem was such a little one. My release elbow was sticking out and it forced my arm up which in tern shortened my DL.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Thanks Dave the left shoulder is down and in.I am always trying to achieve bone to bone form.
Im lost
Old 09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people let their bow shoulder come up towards their neck when they are either tired, or the bow DW is too high, or their form breaks down. Bone on bone is a term for keeping the shoulder down and locked into place.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ideally you are trying to take as much muscle tension out of your shooting form as possible,the more muscle involvement you have in your form the more tension (shaking) will take place.With your bow arm shoulder back and in you are allowing your bone structure to hold the bow versus your muscles which will have you be steadier.
I wouldn't mess with your form now.In the future though to look in to these things may help any one shoot better.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.