Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team 19 Thread

Guys,

We're going to go with the last avatar that KYDeerHuner03 sent us. If other choices are presented to us in the near future we will vote on which one to use.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default OT

Today while at football practice, a blackhawk helecoptor came and circled our field really close a few times before finally landing in the nearby parkinglot. It was especially awesome because we are the Blackhawks.

Wouldn't it be sweet if, on friday nights, one of em lands in the middle of the field and we all come out of it before a game and proceed to kick @$$!

Edit: This pic is usable as a logo, I could probably fix it up.

Nice stand. He's falling out of the tree.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just got home from taking a little ride checking the fields for deer, saw a bunch of does but no bucks. Got my new cable slide in for my bow today, i upgraded to the new alpine archery mach 5 cable slide, its got a rubber sleeve in it to dampen vibration, it seems pretty slick.
We're going to go with the last avatar that KYDeerHuner03 sent us. If other choices are presented to us in the near future we will vote on which one to use.
Sounds good to me, i think it looks great!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man that one is pretty sweet too badger.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

that guy kind of looks like dave :P
Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

well i had my archery shoot today i didnt do my best only scored a 112 out of 150 then i went glassing over a bean feild and saw that 7 point with the main beam that curves down to almost its eyes again this weekend im heading down to the family cabin hopefully to put up some treestands so hopefully ill see another good deer to talk about on sunday when i get back

PS: by the way our avatar rocks!! and maybe we could get some t-shirts made up theyd look awesome
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you guy's have a d!cks in your area they are having a great sale on fix position tree stands.I try to pick up a couple each year.Thirty bucks a piece,I bought two last night and will buy one or two more prior to the season starting.
I have a pile of tree stands,do you ever really have enough.I like to walk right in to where I am hunting and get up the tree quickly,limiting the amount of noise made.The stands are heavy,16lbs,but they are cheap and it wont be that painful if one gets swiped.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OT

ORIGINAL: badger109

Today while at football practice, a blackhawk helicopter came and circled our field really close a few times before finally landing in the nearby parking lot. It was especially awesome because we are the Blackhawks.

Wouldn't it be sweet if, on Friday nights, one of em lands in the middle of the field and we all come out of it before a game and proceed to kick @$$!

Edit: This pic is usable as a logo, I could probably fix it up.

Nice stand. He's falling out of the tree.
Jarrod,

Cool about the Blackhawk.

That'sand awesomepicture. I really like that picture. Can you add our team name to it? If so, I think we will go with that if the team all agrees. The one Jenna did is pretty sweat. However, it would be nice to have one from the other perspective and I think this picture does that. His stand position reminds me of how one of my old stands was. That dang thing would end up like that every time I hunted no matter how much I angled it up before I went up the tree. Maybe some guy saw me hanging off a tree and made this.

What's everyone think?

Mark,

How do you like the new slide? I've been thinking about getting one and wanted to talk to someone who had one before buying.

Nate,

I've been reading that Allegheny county has produced the top bucks in PA over the past few years and is one of the best places in PA for a bruiser. Sounds like you are seeing deer. I have to wait until Sept 1 to start scouting the main place I will hunt. There rest is on the Eastern Shore and Somerset County, PA

112 - 150 isn't that bad. I take it you were shooting 3D? If so, I'd go for good kill shots and score 8' & 10's than try to hit center ring scores. The center rings on most 3D deer are too far forward and high. I usually shoot about a 170-180/240 because of shooting that way. However, as long asI have no 5's or marginal 8's I'm happy.

Scot,
I've been looking at the climbers they have for $109. They look like they are made by Summit but aren't. Does the same company make both? I might pick up a fixed stand or 2 to use on the Eastern Shore. thanks for the heads-up.

Looks like we all are getting pumped for the season.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OT

Dave,I did see that they had climbers on sale but I didn't really pay that much attention because I don't use climbers.I am embarrassed to say that I don't remember the name of the company that makes the fixed position stands that I bought.I think it was hunters friend,they look very much like some of the Rivers edge stands that I have.Every year D!cks has stands that are sold very inexpensively and as long as they are sturdy and safe that is all I care about.I probably have 14 or 15 stands and I will likely set them all but one or two and use the ones I don't set as late season possibilities if I want to put one up as a result of coming across an area that interests me.
The Eastern shore of Maryland is touted as a real hot spot for big deer,to be able to hunt that area has to be pretty exciting!
Tomorrow I will spend a decent amount of time in the woods,I am looking forward to it!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Ladies, lol.. Sorry haven't been on here, BUSY BUSY BUSY.. Trying to get ready to take the Michigan LEVEL 1 tax assessing test to become certified.. I test on Sept 7th.. What a combination, I operate a Waste Water Treatment plant and my part time job is Tax Assessing.. LOL Anyone ever take the Michigan Level I Assessing Test?

Well, Been hereing of a few good bucks around the area lately, hopefully i can get my cameras out this weekend, well at least one anyways..

TTYL

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.