HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 04:43 AM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OT

ORIGINAL: badger109

Today while at football practice, a blackhawk helicopter came and circled our field really close a few times before finally landing in the nearby parking lot. It was especially awesome because we are the Blackhawks.

Wouldn't it be sweet if, on Friday nights, one of em lands in the middle of the field and we all come out of it before a game and proceed to kick @$$!

Edit: This pic is usable as a logo, I could probably fix it up.

Nice stand. He's falling out of the tree.
Jarrod,

Cool about the Blackhawk.

That'sand awesomepicture. I really like that picture. Can you add our team name to it? If so, I think we will go with that if the team all agrees. The one Jenna did is pretty sweat. However, it would be nice to have one from the other perspective and I think this picture does that. His stand position reminds me of how one of my old stands was. That dang thing would end up like that every time I hunted no matter how much I angled it up before I went up the tree. Maybe some guy saw me hanging off a tree and made this.

What's everyone think?

Mark,

How do you like the new slide? I've been thinking about getting one and wanted to talk to someone who had one before buying.

Nate,

I've been reading that Allegheny county has produced the top bucks in PA over the past few years and is one of the best places in PA for a bruiser. Sounds like you are seeing deer. I have to wait until Sept 1 to start scouting the main place I will hunt. There rest is on the Eastern Shore and Somerset County, PA

112 - 150 isn't that bad. I take it you were shooting 3D? If so, I'd go for good kill shots and score 8' & 10's than try to hit center ring scores. The center rings on most 3D deer are too far forward and high. I usually shoot about a 170-180/240 because of shooting that way. However, as long asI have no 5's or marginal 8's I'm happy.

Scot,
I've been looking at the climbers they have for $109. They look like they are made by Summit but aren't. Does the same company make both? I might pick up a fixed stand or 2 to use on the Eastern Shore. thanks for the heads-up.

Looks like we all are getting pumped for the season.