HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201638-12-official-team-silent-assassins-thread.html)

lethalconnection 08-10-2007 05:45 PM

12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread

Team 12
154 PaBowhntr
392 cptleo1
275 W.T.F.
168 triggertrav
418 Lethalconnection
241 my7pointmonster
296 bassman417
405 Hatchet Jack
352 GregH
265 stickbow26

Hey guys dont know bout you but im pretty excited for this year and think its gonna be a good one:).

So i PM'd everyone on our team to remind them to check-in and i will check off everyone as they check-in.

But i figure we should tell a bit about ourselves and what we expect to happen this hunting season.

Im from Calgary Alberta, ill be using my new bow this year which is a Mathews Q2. Ive been scouting some really awesome places for nice bucks, mostly mules though and lots of them i have been watching are at least 5x5's and they are all pushin the 190 class, and they are running around everywhere so im hopin to connect on a nice muley but i do have a few nice spots that have huge whitey's holding up in the area.

So good luck to all and hope to hear from you soon.

Oh and suggestions for team name are welcome any time.

my7pointmonster 08-10-2007 08:05 PM

RE: 12- Official Team 12 Thread

Hows Everyone doing.
Names Ryan. From PA.

bassman417 08-10-2007 09:59 PM

Hello team, Im Jake from southeast, Iowa. Scoutings been poor so far, Ive seen alot of small bucks and a ton of does and fawns. Saw two monster bucks on the way to work two weeks ago, but Im not sure if I can hunt the land, its very close to city limits. One scored probly 160s (beautiful 12 pt.) the other Im not sure but way higher than the 12, he had junk everywhere and serious mass. Im gonna check it out this weekend, they stay in a patch of timber about and acre and a half that about 1/2 mile from work. Very convenient, and easy to locate the deer as long as I dont spook em. By the way, if that plan fails Im heading to Albia to hunt the land that the Lovstein buck was taken on, its my grandmas property and my cousin rumors hes seen a new one that WILL beat the albia buck. Im waitin on pics before I travel 3 hrs for a rumor.

stikbow26 08-11-2007 10:21 AM

Hey there guys my name is Walt and I film and hunt for WKP we have a site on here. I talked with the land owner where Ihunt in Illinois and he has been watching 12 bucks in the 160-190 range and there is a bruiser that will top the 200 mark running around on this property.. So great to be here and let's kick some a$$ tis year!!!
PS. If you get a chance and haven't gone yet go to www.whiteknuckleproductions.com and you can read aliitle bit about us!! Walt

cptleo1 08-11-2007 10:44 AM

Good afternoon'

My name is Leo and I will be hunting IL,TX,AL

I got a 165" last year (.62 cal smooth bore,muzzleloader ,42 steps) last year and will be bow hunting that same property (TX)this year

The IL property had 2 over 170 taken last year

I got a 140 off the AL property last year and know for sure there are much bigger ones there.

I hope I can contribute.

I will keep intouch.

Leo

my7pointmonster 08-11-2007 11:06 AM

I hope yall arent dissapointed, but im stuck hunting land in PA where seeing 10 deer all season is an EXTREMELY good season, its pretty much like that all over the place here, i'll give it my best shot to kill a big buck but im not making any promises.... Sorry Guys. I hope i kill one just as much as yall do.
Ryan.

cptleo1 08-11-2007 03:10 PM

Don't fret about getting a big one.

Many of the people signed up won't get a buck at all.

So if you can contribute a fork horn that could be huge.

If you will get out there and try that's all anyone could ask.

But even more importantly is to HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!

Quality hunting is what it is all about.

With a little bit of luck. we win and the WHOLE TEAM gets to trash talk for a year !

Good Luck

GregH 08-12-2007 08:48 AM

I'm officially checking in. My name is Greg Hanson, hence the GregH name. I've taken a few nice deer in the pastand hope to continue that trend. I hunt in northern Illinois and Wisconsin. Good luck to all!

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-12-2007 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

I'm officially checking in. My name is Greg Hanson, hence the GregH name. I've taken a few nice deer in the past and hope to continue that trend. I hunt in northern Illinois and Wisconsin. Good luck to all!
In bold is the biggest understatement I think I've read in a while....a few...lol welcome aboard GregH....they are lucky to have you. :D

edit: oops Greg I went to quote your thread and accidently edited it..hence the edit...lol [8D] Must be the Percocet![&:]

lethalconnection 08-12-2007 05:56 PM

OK well here are a few ideas for a team name.
Silent Assassins
Buck Stops Here
Bucks and Broadheads

bassman417 08-12-2007 06:06 PM

Silent Assassins rolls off the tongue nicely IMO

PABowhntr 08-12-2007 06:24 PM

Hey Guys,

I received the PM about being part of the team. Glad to be on it with all the rest of you folks. My name is Frank and I, too, hunt in Pennsylvania so don't go expectin' any 180 class bucks comin' from my neck of the woods. However, they just opened up 500 acres from one of the local game preserves (no fence) to hunt this year...archery only for turkey and deer...so I have some high hopes. Nothing too exciting on the game cam pics thus far this summer but some respectable animals regardless.

I will be totin' my Diamond Black Ice into the field come September 29th so wish me luck. ;)

Silent Assasins sounds fine with me as well.

lethalconnection 08-12-2007 08:17 PM

Ok boys hold on to your hats cause these are the bad boys ive been watching for a while. Sure gets my blood goin every time i see them.

my7pointmonster 08-12-2007 09:03 PM

Wow buddy. Those are some Dandies. Anyone have AIM?? Well I like Silent assasins but for some reason im cursed, I ALWAYS forget to turn my cell phone off and it rings when theres deer in the area *cries* its a curse what can i say.
Ryan.

stikbow26 08-13-2007 04:53 AM

Holly molly now thats some serious bone!!!!! I have to say I also silent assasins... Walt

W.T.F. 08-13-2007 09:00 AM

hey guys my name is Mark and I am from south western PA, Go Steelers. Good luck to everyone, hey lethal when are we coming up there to chase some of those muleys :). Silent assasins works for me

quiksilver 08-13-2007 10:47 AM

Good luck this season guys. Mark (WTF) is a top-notch guy - and a hell of a cook.

Mark - did u get that Ross in yet?

W.T.F. 08-13-2007 10:52 AM

fran, I decided to pass on the Cardiac and I am getting a guardian, it should be in at the end of this week.

quiksilver 08-13-2007 10:58 AM

Holy moly - I can't keep up with you, man. LMAO

Guardian is a nice bow - I know you'll love it. Obviously, it's not as awesome as High Country, but it's okay, I guess.

W.T.F. 08-13-2007 12:35 PM

I shot a guardian 2 days after you, Scott, and Ryan came to the club and I considered just running out of the shop with it, but I run slow and they also sale guns there soI decided against that but I knew thatI had to have one. I dont even think the Cardiac was close to it and the Cardiac shot awesome. The only noise that you hear from the Guardian is the arrow hitting the target.

triggertrav 08-13-2007 02:45 PM

triggertrav checking in, mainly hunting MN but venturing to South Dakota for a week.

bassman417 08-13-2007 07:21 PM

Well the property that I saw 2 nice bucks onI may not be able to hunt[:@]When I brought up a map it showed that the city limits run straight through the small piece of land. The area that the bucks were seen is within city limits, I may have to see a zoning board member or something to find out for sure but as of now I dont have the time. Hopefully I can find some new deer or see if I can legally hunt the area even though its zoned as city of west burlington. Im sure there has to bea loophole of some sort. Hope you guys are having better luck than I am so far.

lethalconnection 08-13-2007 10:43 PM

Well that sucks to hear bass. Is the land you want to hunt on split by the limits or is it all within the limits cause if it were split i would still hunt there.

W.T.F. 08-14-2007 12:34 PM

so guys, how much time do you guys plan on spending on stand this year and what kind of success have you had in the past. post some trail cam pics if you have them. Except you lethal, no more pics from you, unless they include an invite I dont need to do anymore drooling on my keyboard over those giant mulies.

W.T.F. 08-14-2007 12:41 PM

I will be in my stand at least 5 nights a week, it would be more if PA would actually approve Sunday hunting. So far I have had pretty good success with my bow, except for last year when I put a bad shot on a 8 point, no excuses I just made a bad shot and didnt recover it. I have taken a buck in 5 of the last 6 years and the biggest was a 142" that I took in Montana.

Mark

lethalconnection 08-14-2007 02:51 PM

Im actually more of a rifle hunter and this is only my second year bow hunting, i bought myself a ground blind cause im gunna need it for those mulies, i really want to try hunting out of a tree stand and i think im gunna pick one up but i will only be able to use it on whiteys cause where i hunt mulies there arent much for tree's. I did have a shot at a nice 5x5 whitey last year and as i sat there for the 1/2 hour-hour you should give any animal to pass the sky opened up and it poured and got rid of any blood trail so i was never able to recover him.

Oh and what do you guys think of the logo?? I used silent assassins since thats what everyone is liking so far. If anyone has a different design please share this is just a tester for now.

lethalconnection 08-14-2007 02:56 PM

And a lil teaser for yah W.T.F:D

bassman417 08-14-2007 03:32 PM

the city limits run through about the middle of the property. I made a post about it titled "bad luck" in the bowhunting forum. I plan to hunt as much as possible last year was 5-7 days a week. this year ill be lucky to get in 3-4 days per week.
Logos pretty cool.

GregH 08-14-2007 04:01 PM

I will put in as much time on stand as needed to "get 'er done". I usually take the month of November off of work and can hunt all evenings before and after that.

bassman417 08-14-2007 07:51 PM

This makes me laugh.

lethalconnection 08-14-2007 08:48 PM

AAAAHAHAHAHA that is good, what makes it even more funny is that i got that exact same picture hanging on my wall

my7pointmonster 08-14-2007 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: bassman417

This makes me laugh.

I am deffinately into that picture. I like it.
Ryan.

stikbow26 08-15-2007 04:40 AM

I plan on being in Illinois 32 days this year so hopefully I can get it done by then. I have killed a P&Y buck 4 years straight so I just hope I didn't just jinx myself!!!! Like i said earlier the land owner is seeing some giants on the property this year hopefully one walks by close, But I also have to wait for the cameraman to say I can shoot that he has it as well.. Walt

triggertrav 08-15-2007 07:02 AM

I plan on hunting most weekends and get out at least once a week. i spend a week in SD and hopefully be able to tie one down out there. It has been tough the first couple of years, but it seems that we are figuring the major trafic areas.

lethalconnection 08-15-2007 11:19 AM

Well boys with only 10 days untill opening day i went and did the un-imaginable. I bought myself a new bow:D. Its a PSE Bruin. Its shootin 308 I.B.O, got a 75% let-off, i have it at 70lbs. Got Carbon Express Terminator arrows tipped with 125 Wasp SST's. Nothin spectacular on the bow and im not the type of guy that likes to put lots of extra's on it cause if im stalking all day you can feel those little additions add up on your arms[&:].But i think the lady friend isnt very impressed cause this just means im gunna have to spend even more time at the range before the season opener:D:D good thing the range is only 5mins from my door step. Here are a few pics of my new baby.

lethalconnection 08-15-2007 11:26 AM

Here is that other logo resized to the size it has to be for an avatar.

If we want this as a logo instead the lettering will have to be bigger and maybe in a different color. So if we want this logo instead the changes can be made by me or bass inm sure.

triggertrav 08-15-2007 01:51 PM

if you can make the lettering easier to read, i vote for that one over the other.

lethal connection - i like the new machine, new is always fun.

lethalconnection 08-15-2007 02:53 PM

OK well here are a few options for the new logo.

I personaly like the second the most.

bassman417 08-15-2007 03:24 PM

I like it with the black lettering. Who knew, I was just messin around looking at deer art for a background. I was trying to find one that had to do with stalking a nice buck but couldnt find one. And this pic reminded me of one my G-pa has on his wall, my g-ma bought it for him cuz hes always falling asleep in the stand.

GregH 08-15-2007 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bassman417

I like it with the black lettering. Who knew, I was just messin around looking at deer art for a background. I was trying to find one that had to do with stalking a nice buck but couldnt find one. And this pic reminded me of one my G-pa has on his wall, my g-ma bought it for him cuz hes always falling asleep in the stand.
Hey! I've been sleeping on stands for over 40 years! How do you think I keep so still? It's an art.;)

I like the one with the black lettering also. I imagine we'll get teased and called sleepers and such, but who cares?