HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201638-12-official-team-silent-assassins-thread.html)

my7pointmonster 01-01-2008 04:45 PM

RE: 12- Official Team Silent Assassins Thread

happens to the best of us Especially in Pennsylvania. lol. Happy New Years everyone.

Ryan.

triggertrav 01-02-2008 06:15 AM

Well, that's it here in MN. Season ended on the 31st and i never took a deer with the bow this year. I have plenty of meat from the rifle and muzzleloading hunts, but no success with the bow.

Good luck to all that still has time left.

bassman417 01-03-2008 06:20 PM

hey team, sorry I havent posted in about a month and a half or so. Today was my last chance at bowhunting for the year. No buck, took 5 does this year though. I did find my buck I shot earlier this year the shot was very bad. When I drew back something caused me to release about 3/4 draw. The arrow hit the buck in the nose and followed the upper lip to the jaw and somehow lodged in the neck. It just missed the jugular and esophagous. Which explains why we tracked for over a mile in the first place. Ill post pics as soon as the euro mount is complete. Aged 2.5 and would have been possible 10 to 13 pt. Had a "plate" off the burr with 3 broken tines or nubs on it. Good luck to everyone who has time left. Better luck for me next year I hope.

Jake

my7pointmonster 01-03-2008 09:19 PM

Man jake that really sucks. Happens to the best of us. I found my doe about 3 or 4 miles from where i hit her with the "Rages" so nothing you can do really.

Ryan.

hatchet jack 01-12-2008 07:49 AM

Sorry to say that my season to harvest a buck for the team is over[&o]Ipassed on alot of smaller bucks and did shoot a doe. The best chance I had on a shooter was the last day of PA archery when a 130 10point was 5 yards from my treestand and I could not get a shot [:@]I can still hunt doe til the end of the month so thats a good thing. It was a good year all in all. I shot a Doe, seen that nice 10point, bear,yotes and turkey . I had a great time talking to all you guys and it was fun!! Keep in touch,happy hunting and be safe!!!! GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack

stikbow26 01-14-2008 05:06 AM

Yep had pertty great team here!!! At least we all talked and had fun and thats what it's about!!! Maybe we will get them next year!! I promice I will hold out for a bigger one also I shouldn't have shot this one seeing he was only 3 1/2 but I can't take it back now!!Well great talking with you all and I hope you all shot a biggin next year!!! Walt
PS. Shoot straight and hunt hard!!!!