Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread >

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: He got him!

Something is wrong with my trailcam setup. I only got one picture but the c'mere deer is tore up. I changed it around a little and im gonna see what i get. Last two mornings we have had frost. Weather is changing for the better. I bet i saw 50 deer this morning headed to work. There were groups of deer in every field i past. I hope this weekend will be just as good.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow 50 deer? Thats crazy. I had the same problem with my trail camera. I put out corn and the trail camera right by it and the next day the corn is gone and zero pictures. It only works when it wants to I guess...
Old 11-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well ladies and gents next week is the last really good week to bowhunt here in WV and I'm off all week so hopefully I'll add something to the scorboard. It's been a weird year for so for. This is the first year in a long time that it's been this late in the year and I still haven't killed anything. I do trust that this will all change next week though. I'll talk to y'all before Thanksgiving.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Bartender

Good luck gut.
Next Tuesday I am off for 2 weeks and no internet access while gun hunting in Northern, Wi.
So good luck to all and chat ya when I get back.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey team, I just got in not too long ago from the best hunt I have EVER had. My son killed his first deer tonight. I posted the whole story in the bowhunting forum. In a nut shell, he smoked her at 18 yds, she ran 40yds. and piled up. I don't know who is more excited, me or him. We are starting to see the rut activity starting around here, it should really be good this week. Good luck to all of you, let's get some more points on the board!

Old 11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Saw 5 or 6 does this afternoon. My cousin saw 8 out of the same stand this morning. Not a single buck so far. Still early in the season for us down here. Rut hits first week of January so still some time to be selective. Season dont end until Jan 31. I will also be gone for opening weekend of gun season next week. I am headed for our lease up in the mountains. Hopefully ill get a chance at something. Good luck to all.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Bartender

Brett,

Great big congrats to your son and memories I am sure you will never forget.
They had a post in the forum about deer of a lifetime and I think this will probably be yours. Mine will be when my son's shoot their's.
Give the son a congrats for me.
May I post this pick on our team site www.greatdeer.com? Whats his first name only please?
ORIGINAL: rdy2hnt

Hey team, I just got in not too long ago from the best hunt I have EVER had. My son killed his first deer tonight. I posted the whole story in the bowhunting forum. In a nut shell, he smoked her at 18 yds, she ran 40yds. and piled up. I don't know who is more excited, me or him. We are starting to see the rut activity starting around here, it should really be good this week. Good luck to all of you, let's get some more points on the board!

Old 11-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tony-His first name is Marshall and go right ahead and post it there. He will get a big kick out of that. Thanks for the kind words and you are absolutely correct about it being a deer of a lifetime for me. After both of us had calmed down a bit last night, I told him that he had just made my season. All I had really cared about this year was seeing him take his first deer with a bow. Although it would be icing on the cake if I could manage to catch up with the 160" class 10pt. that skirted me last Sun. afternoon.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to your boy on his first!!!

I was up in Canada this past week, took 50 hours of sitting and freezingbut It paid off with my muzzleloader.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! What a great deer. Congrats on taking such a nice buck with a muzzleloader in such brutal conditions.

Quick Reply: 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.