Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 43- Official Team Chaos Thread >

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hmmm

Merry Christmas to you, John (and the rest of you clowns)
Old 12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted 3 times over the long weekend. I saw deer on 2 of those hunts, but none close enough for a shot. I saw 2 does in the subdivision on Friday evening. I was in the stand I shot my doe out of in Oct. They were up on the hill about 60 yards from me eating acorns under some pin oaks.

Then I went to IL on Saturday. Hunted the morning and saw 4 deer 150 yards or so thru the woods. Not exactly sure what they were, but I think it was a couple of does and young ones.

After hunting the morning I went over and explored the property I am buying. It is listed as 84+ acres, but if you flatted it out, I bet it is more like 150 acres. There are many hills and hollows on this properyty. Lots of natural funnels that are begging to have a stand hung in them. And I am working on a plan for food plots in the open fields. I also plan on letting some of the upperfield grow up for a bedding area. I don't know how many miles I walked, but I have a ton more woods to explore.

Then I hunted Saturday afternoon in IL and didn't see any deer.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well this weekend and Tuesday are it for me in MI, I have 1 buck/doe tag left. First deer in range gets shot. I am not even sure I would shoot Mr. Mass if he came by. The deer made it through Archery/gun/ML season. To take him on the last weekend just does not seem right, but talk is cheap. Will see what happens IF I get him in front of me

I can tell you last Friday I was going to shoot him
Old 12-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Well this weekend and Tuesday are it for me in MI, I have 1 buck/doe tag left. First deer in range gets shot. I am not even sure I would shoot Mr. Mass if he came by. The deer made it through Archery/gun/ML season. To take him on the last weekend just does not seem right, but talk is cheap. Will see what happens IF I get him in front of me

I can tell you last Friday I was going to shoot him
If he walks by, YOU WILL SHOOT HIM!!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like things are quieting down around here.
I will get in some hunting this weekend after all! The layoff has been killing me. [:@] The rut is now on.

My brother missed a nice 8 point with a rifle this week (he is a really bad shot - has the shakes).

I'm unsure about how much rifle vs. bow I will use since it is the rut, my opportunities are shrinking,
and my 2 great bow stands are completely wrong for the predicted wind.

We've got 4 nice 8's and a 10 on cam, but we really need to put one down. All the time and effort we've
put into the place and passing bucks the last 2 years, we would like something to show for it!

I will holler at you guys in 08, hopefully with a buck pic (but don't go hatin if I take it with a rifle [8D]).
Old 12-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Throwing in the towel in MI

Well I say an Antlerless buck this morning. I shot a tree[&:]

Pulling my bow back to shoot a nice fat doe, I was standing to close to the tree. I whack my elbow and never got set. I went to bend at the waist and my arm took off. I hit the trigger and shop 10 ft left of the deer. I about dropped my bow. I just laugh and hung the bow up and sat down.

The 5 deer never left, LOL
Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Well I changed things up today. I went to a different woods and set on the ground (I hate ground hunting deer). I forced myself. But I ended up having 2 does and a button buck come by. I didnt even attempt to draw on the does. No shooting bucks. Ive still got 7 more days to try and connect. Man its been a long season. But I havent given up and will still keep trying to the very end. Its been a disappointing season...
Old 12-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys I only got out 3 times over the last week or so. Worst still is I only saw 2 does the whole time[:@] And neither gave me any kind of shot. Still have till the 21st though.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE !
Old 12-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happy New Year to you too Rob, and the rest of Team Chaos. If any others bother to check in anymore. Been pretty slow in here lately.[&o]

I was out yesterday in the morning and saw the same little spike I have seen 2 other times. Then I went out in the afternoon and saw 3 coyotes. As soon as the season is over I plan on having some fun calling in them yotes.

It's pretty slow hunting unless you have a food source they are hitting hard before dark.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happy New Years fellas.

Good luck to you guys still getting after it!

peace/out

Quick Reply: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.