Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread >

26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Guys,
I start my hunt monday. I am off till thanksgiving. Will start off here in Wisconsin and than make my way down to Illinois. From all the reports I am getting the bucks are already moving pretty good. Josh, where in Wi are you hunting? Good luck teammates.........Dabow
Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, it's another dead deer. This guy was even smaller then the last one. Had to have just lost it's spots last week. Who knows may still have them. I just got him back up under the light so I'll look closer. I'm having fun with this target practice. The real deal is coming up soon. I hope everyone is getting out and seeing something. After I dropped this bambi a little 6 point came in and hung around it for about 20 mins trying to figure out what happened. He walked off and then came backjust after the sun was dipping. He stood broadside almost in the same spot but he was too small to waste for this contest.

Hey, just brought bambi down to the cat place and WOW! As I drove up they were processing another deer that was dropped off. All I can say is what a HOTTIE working the knife. She was blonde hair early 20's and a sport model bod! Anyone else want to donate your deer now?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 AM

Alright guys, I am heading to Wisconsin for 7 Rut packed, fun filled days of nothing but me and the bow.

I'll give you an update of how I did when I get back mid November.

Later!
Old 11-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Well guys, I have been non-existant on this board for quite some time now. These last few months have really been busy. . .I apologize for my lack of consideration when signing up for this contest.

Last Thursday, Oct. 25th, my wife and I welcomed into our family another healthy and wonderful son. His name is Caleb and my son Mason turned 3earlier in the month as well. This is a joyful and stressful time for my wife and I. I have been hard-pressed to find time to get into the woods, this year has just not been kind to me climbing into a stand.

As I mentioned around late summer, student teaching has been keeping me busy, as well as my family farm. Any free time now has been spent with the family and personally, I wouldn't trade the time I spend with them for anything else at the current moment. In the past, I have really put myself first in way too many situations.

So, with that said, I hope I can get out sometime in the next few weeks but I make no promises.

I hope everyone's season is going well. I will try and check in more often and will do my best to get into a stand sometime soon.

Take care and be safe

God Bless,

Dave
Old 11-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Con grat's on your new son. Let me know where your from in Il. I might be able to get you on some property. However, I know hunting time is a premium.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Well guys, I had an exciting morning today. It's started out with a major SNFU because I was hunting in my friends backyard and when I got to the tree I realized I didn't have my climbing band for my stand. Must have fallen out in the woods while dragging the little deer out. Oh well, I'll get it when I get home.

So I hopped into this real old metal shed he doesn't use anymore and just put my stand on the floor with the seat up. Just after it started to get light out, I watched about 2 dozen deer just walk up from the bottom and must have gone past my friends house. Then about 15 mins later a doe walked by and I heard a buck grunting. It was the bigger of the pretty 8 pointers he has in his yard. He was 20 yrds. I drew on him but waited due to some branches in my way. While I waited, I debated. He really was a pretty deer. He was around a low 130 class. Possibly a 135. I decided I wasn't going to mount him and so I passed on the shot. About 20 mins later he stood broadside 10 yards away. Dang he wanted to be shot. He gave me one more shot about 20 mins later out the back window. He will be pretty next year. Any how saw all three eights running around chasing more deer then I could count. While I was watching them, I heard deer right out side the shed eating acorns. A little bambi stood 10 yrds broadside and "Whack"! she ran off out of sight. 6 more Does moved up broadside. I knocked another arrow and dropped a good size Does. She ran down into the woods and the others stood there still trying to figure out what's happening. I almost knocked another arrow a shot a third. I could have emptied my quiver this morning and shot 6 deer.

Went looking for the little one because I saw momma drop. Went to the side of his house saying, she should be right here. Didn't see it, then turned around and under the bush she was.

I'm hunting my honey hole all day tomorrow or weds. Should be a real good hunt. Hopefully, I will see a shooter. I've got a good feeling this year.

Good luck guys, let's start putting them on the board.

Update, I was going out to gut these guys and there was a Does in my moms backyard. I drew on her but she moved so I couldn't get the shot. I'm loving life right now.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Dang Guys, What happened to you all? I hope your putting in the hours.

I spent the last two nights and this morning in Big Buck Territory. I didn't see anything big though. Ihad a few does, a basket 8 on Monday night. Last night because of the winds, I only had a 3 point and a few more does come uderneath me. I didn't shoot any does because in these areas I wait for big bucks. A friend of mine who went out shot a pretty 8 point. About the same size as the 8 I let walk monday morning. He was around a 135. He's getting a europe mount done on him. This morning got in the woods later then desired because my other friend got lost. Saw a whole bunch of does and a small 8 point that would have gone in the mid 120's. Thanksgiving week, I will shoot what ever buck I can because I havea few days of gun tags available and I need to shoot 2 bucks then and a few more does to get my money's worth for the bonus buck stamp.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good fieldmouse!

I will be putting in a half day tomorrow. The last few times I've been out have been much better as far as numbers go. The bucks are starting to slip up too. I have had 3 nice does within 12 yards of me, but nothing has worked out. The hunting gets better in the bow zones once the rifle hunting starts in because they all get pushed into the smaller chunks of woods...it will only get better!

Mehunt
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

bwd great buck, sure is a wide buggar!!!! Congrats,,,,lets here the story
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Way to go DWD. He's a real nice looking buck. Let's hear the story.

Quick Reply: 26-Official Team "Bustin' The Nuts" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.