HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   6 - Official Team SBD Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201618-6-official-team-sbd-thread.html)

HuntingBry 09-12-2007 07:00 PM

RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Well guys I checked out one of my spots yesterday and it is absolutely torn up with rubs that weren't there when I was in there 3 weeks ago. I know there are some good bucks in this area so hopefully I'll get a crack at one once I can get a good wind to get in there.

I also scouted out another spot I recently got access to and it is looking good as well. I have no idea what the buck situation is there, but I recently spoke to someone who also has access to it and he said he shot a big one in there last year, so it should be a good spot. Things are looking up, now I just need the PA opener to get here.

BTBowhunter 09-13-2007 07:30 AM

I've been staying hands off on my favorite honey hole. This'll be the third year I'm hunting the same buck. I've not laid eyes on him this year but I have stayed away on purpose. My landowner has been seeing him from the house. He's not a hunter and not a great judge of antler quality but6 years ago, when he told me there was a "6 pointer" hanging around. I didnt think too much of it and killed a 130" buck on his place that season. When I showed him a picture, he said "that's him, that's the six pointer!"

This year he tells me that another six pointer is hanging around but this one's really big...........

He was easily in the high 140's last year and he's got to be 5 years old by now so I am treading lightly on the area. Cant wait!!!!

Buck Magnet 09-13-2007 09:17 AM

Go get em' Bob :D

On a sidenote, I will be going this afternoonand checking/pulling my Cuddeback from the area we got pics of the 150 class 10 point. We are scentkilling our clothes to check both cameras and we will be leaving this area alone until atleast the third week of October.

MichaelHunsucker 09-13-2007 10:11 AM

Ive been scouting morning and night for the past week...each of the last four mornings i have had a shooter walk underneath my stand that i have on the edge of the field...hope he keeps it up tomorrow morning and saturday!

HuntingBry 09-13-2007 08:29 PM

MH, I thought you were behind the camera on your opener. When will be the shooter?

squirrelkilla23 09-13-2007 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Ive been scouting morning and night for the past week...each of the last four mornings i have had a shooter walk underneath my stand that i have on the edge of the field...hope he keeps it up tomorrow morning and saturday!
Dont you have a Job man?:DI wish i had the mornings and night's off to scout, too busy with work and school[:'(]

My school starts at 8, but i usually leave at 7:30am. Do you guys think that it's worth it to get up and spend about an hour in the stand in the mornings? or no?

squirrelkilla23 09-13-2007 09:03 PM

Well nevermind that idea, I checked the sunrise/sunset charts in ohio and it said that sunrise opening week is right around 7:20 [:@]oh well, i'll have the weekends and the afternoons to hunt right?[8D]

MichaelHunsucker 09-13-2007 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

MH, I thought you were behind the camera on your opener. When will be the shooter?
Excelent news. Shawn and I both got camera men for the opening morning. :DWe will be hunting two sets that are about 150 yards apart. I have seen shootersunder both of them all this week so hopefully one of us will get a crack at one!

MichaelHunsucker 09-13-2007 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

Dont you have a Job man?:D
Yup! ;):D

BigJ71 09-13-2007 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Excelent news. Shawn and I both got camera men for the opening morning. :DWe will be hunting two sets that are about 150 yards apart. I have seen shootersunder both of them all this week so hopefully one of us will get a crack at one!
That's great news Michael! I hope you stick a slammer and setthe standard for the rest of us! Oct 1st can't come fast enough for me!!

Good luck to all!

HuntingBry, did you get your stabilizer problems worked out? If needbe I can send you one a.s.a.p.I don't use them anymore and I have a few laying around, let me know and I will put one in the mail.