HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   6 - Official Team SBD Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201618-6-official-team-sbd-thread.html)

MichaelHunsucker 08-10-2007 05:01 PM

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Well guys weve got the teams set up and ready to roll! Cant wait to get to know some of you better. Everyone check in and ill color your name red as you do so we can work on gettin everyone together! We can vote on a team Captain after that!

Start brainstorming on some team names!

Everyone introduce yourself and tell us where your from! :D

Team 6
165 BigJ12
386 muckland
289 NC Sportsman
42 Michael Hunsucker
322 BTBowhunter
378 LLBUX
27 Buck Magnet
54 Huntingbry
43 squirrelkilla23
323 hoosierHUNTER76

HuntingBry 08-10-2007 05:53 PM

RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

HuntingBry AKA Bryan.

Moved from western PA to eastern PA via Florida. This will be my 19th year bowhunting, although in Florida bowhunting took a backseat to off shore fishing.

I'll be hunting PA and NJ this year, and have some good bucks I've got my sights on. After seeing the line up I'm pretty excited since I see some familiar names and I can't wait to get to know those I don't know well better.

For a team name I propose "Big Dumb Bucks":D

peakrut 08-10-2007 05:57 PM

*spying*;) Good Luck guys
Also I vote for team name PEAKRUT;):D

BigJ71 08-10-2007 11:20 PM

Checking in from Illinois,

Can't wait to get started, good luck to all.

I've seen plenty of nice bucks while scouting and looking for stand spots. I haven't even gone south to my families property in the Shawnee Ntl. Forest but I will be heading down there within the next few weeks to check it out and set up some stands. I will be on vacation starting Tuesday the 14th but will be back posting again on Monday the 19th.

Team "Big Guns":D:D:D:DJ/K

shed33 08-11-2007 01:24 AM

Good looking team there guys.. good luck

muckland 08-11-2007 03:58 AM

Hi There Fellow Buck Masters,
I've been Harvesting Deer with the bow for about 25 years Now. I,m looking forward to chatin with you folks. I live in Upstate NY. We have seen some real slobs this year.Will be talking soon:D

BTBowhunter 08-11-2007 05:47 AM

Hi guys,

Looks like we have some serious potential here. I'll be hunting Illinois and Pennsylvania.

I also am glad to see some names I know fairly well. LLBux and I were teamed together last year.Arnie lives very close to my Illinois lease. We've hunted together gotten to be good friends

Buckmagnet is a very dedicated bowhunter and has had some amazing success here in my home state of PA

How about Silent Snipers for a team mame?

muckland 08-11-2007 09:29 AM

I like it....:)How about Silent Snipers for a team Name?

MichaelHunsucker 08-11-2007 09:57 AM

Good to see some of you checked it! For some reason its not letting me subscribe to this thread...ill have to check my PM box and make sure its not full...

MichaelHunsucker 08-11-2007 09:59 AM

Yeah...PM box was full. Still not letting me subscibe though...

PeakRut....hmmm, i dont think so! hahahha

Buck Magnet 08-11-2007 11:36 AM

Hey guys, Buck Magnet checking in. My name is Jason and I am from Indiana, Pa. I will be hunting around here and hopefully will be able to put a big guy on the ground, but geez, we got Hunsucker, they should already name us the champs :D

I like Silent Snipers as well.

NCSportsman 08-12-2007 02:47 PM

NCSportsman checking in.
Mainly hunting NC, but may venture up to Western PA to hunt with a buddy.

MichaelHunsucker 08-12-2007 05:08 PM

Whatever you gotta do to score that big one! Its time to whoop up on the competition! ;):D

Buck Magnet 08-12-2007 05:10 PM

Hey Michael, any new pictures yet?

Hotburn76 08-12-2007 11:40 PM

Just a FYI for you guys, Thomas, AKA-squirrelkilla23 is on vacation for a week or so, he was talking about it the other day. Did not want you guys to think he is a no show in case Robs get itchy for alts placements and he may not have net access while on vacation to be able to check in.

MichaelHunsucker 08-13-2007 09:19 AM

Thanks Hotburn.

Buck Magnet, i checked a couple of my cameras yesterday while hanging a stand. Got pictures of the big boy again but i didnt post them cause he hasnt changed a whole lot in the past week.

He is starting to get on a pretty good pattern so that should pay off come Sept 15

kshunter 08-13-2007 09:29 AM

Looks like a good team! I estimate a solid 2nd place finish! haha

MichaelHunsucker 08-13-2007 10:04 AM

ORIGINAL: kshunter

Burn!! hahaha :)

rybohunter 08-13-2007 10:29 AM

Nice team guys.

Hey guys, Buck Magnet checking in. My name is Jason and I am from Indiana, Pa. I will be hunting around here and hopefully will be able to put a big guy on the ground, but geez, we got Hunsucker, they should already name us the champs :D
That intro should read "I have trail cam pics of bucks that look like I'm in Iowa, but Matt/Pa has put a curse on me and I haven't been able to kill any of them"

Germ 08-13-2007 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Nice team guys.

That intro should read "I have trail cam pics of bucks that look like I'm in Iowa, but Matt/Pa has put a curse on me and I haven't been able to kill any of them"
Or

At least we see big bucks[:-]

HuntingBry 08-13-2007 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Nice team guys.

Or

Yeah, but if they're there and there's a lot of them they should be easy to kill, right Germ?

BTW, I like Silent Snipers too, but how about Silent But Deadly...:D

LLBUX 08-13-2007 11:38 AM

LLBUX checking in the the big buck state of ILLINOIS. I'll be hunting Morgan County in western IL.

Hopefully BTBOWHUNTER will let me come back to his lease. (I tried not to tick him off too hard last year) He'll do OK if he wouldshoot anything but a doe.

Good luck folks!

Arnie Rahe

Buck Magnet 08-13-2007 01:18 PM

Buck Magnet, i checked a couple of my cameras yesterday while hanging a stand. Got pictures of the big boy again but i didnt post them cause he hasnt changed a whole lot in the past week.

He is starting to get on a pretty good pattern so that should pay off come Sept 15
Thats good to hear, keep us updated on that tank, I wanna see some hard horn pics of that bad boy.

Come on Joey, if you keep shooting those tiny bucks like the one in your avatar, you team will have no chance [:-] Good luck this year buddy.

Come on now Ryan, I just choose not to shoot those bucks so I can more pics of then the next year :D As far as Matt goes, that little punk is gonna get it, I've got the boxing gloves loaded and I am heading out on a mission to go find him and put him in his place once and for all! :D

Or

Germ, shouldn't you be out spooning something right now :D

LLBUX- Great to hear from you and if you will be hunting withBob this year I will be waiting for some big numbers from you two.

MichaelHunsucker 08-13-2007 03:42 PM

Buck, you got any good pics yet this summer? Please share! :D:D

Buck Magnet 08-13-2007 03:53 PM

Not really, I have seen plenty of big bucks while out scouting and spotting but for some reason they have pretty much avoided my game cameras entirely. We only got one picture of a nice buck and it is really hard to tell much about him. I wish I would have set my Cuddeback up in this place but we had a Moultrie out and the deer with in the background. We have seen 3 shooter bucks in this patch of woods, a nice 9 point that had a good 2" out past each ear, but he was like alot of the bucks around here, wide spread and short tines. We saw a big 10 point that would be close to 20" outside and he had pretty nice tine length, and we caught a quick glimpse of a giant in this field, he makes the buck in my avatar pic look like a fawn. This is the biggest one so far....

And this is the biggest that I have gotten in my honey hole (I saw 3 bucks on stand there last year that would have went between 130"-150")... I know they are there but the woods changed so much during the winter due to timbering that I just havn't got a good pattern on them yet.

And I know this guy made it through the season so I am hoping he is still around...

BigJ71 08-13-2007 05:20 PM

I've seen quite a few slammers myself this year scouting so this contest could get real interesting, I will be heading down south in a few weeks to scout and set up stands on my families property. All my stands up here where I live have already been set up or moved to where I think I will be sucessfull......only time will tell. I killed a nice(140in gross+/-) 11 point last year and saw at least one that was bigger and even a few more that were about the same size. I live in Will County and hunt it as well as some private land in Cook.

I need to get a game camera:(

Here is my 06 buck

Good luck to all of you guys and lets have fun.......

HuntingBry 08-14-2007 08:24 AM

That's great John. If you can get on some bucks like that one in your pic we'll be in good shape. I've got my eye on some good bucks as well, now it's a matter of getting access to where they are.

MichaelHunsucker 08-14-2007 08:24 AM

BigJ, what do you think about that name Team Big Guns! [8D]I bet Germ is petrofied of our team. Were going to have to wear cutoff camo shirts for our pictures when we score a big buck! hahaha [8D]:D

LLBUX 08-14-2007 08:43 AM

I have a vinyl sign cutter and will make vinyl signs for the team if you wish. Signs can be one color only, but I have a wide variety of colors available. We just need to settle on a name and/or logo for the team and I'll get started.

Price will be about $2.50/sign including postage. No setup charge.

I'll proudly have one on my pickups!

I'm gonna offer the service to other groups, but they will be higher.

Thanks folks!

Arnie Rahe/LLBUX

BigJ71 08-14-2007 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

BigJ, what do you think about that name Team Big Guns! [8D]I bet Germ is petrofied of our team. Were going to have to wear cutoff camo shirts for our pictures when we score a big buck! hahaha [8D]:D
"Team Big Guns" :D:D:DHey I like it!

I'm leaving on vacation in a few hours I'll be back next week. Hold the fort down for me and whatever you guys decide as far as a name I'm ok with.

I'll vote early for Michael (big gun, big buck) Hunsucker as our team captain.

I'll be back on Monday.

Later fellas

HuntingBry 08-14-2007 10:55 AM

I'll second that.

Buck Magnet 08-14-2007 11:14 AM

I'll vote for Hunsucker as Team Capt. and I also really like "Big Guns" as a team name, gotta intimidate the competition :D Whenever we decide on a team name I will mess around and get an avatar designed, I'm no pro at it but I should be able to come up with something decent!

NCSportsman 08-14-2007 12:55 PM

Team Big Guns sounds like it should be in the gun contest forum.

I like "Silent But Deadly"!

HuntingBry 08-14-2007 01:23 PM

I was kind of making a fart joke when I said Silent But Deadly, but team SBD has a nice ring to it.

MichaelHunsucker 08-14-2007 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I'm leaving on vacation in a few hours I'll be back next week.
LUCKY!!!!

Have fun!

LLBUX 08-14-2007 04:20 PM

I'm a quiet guy so I'll vote for 'Silent But Deadly'. OK by me to come in under the radar to win.

For a design, I can envision a picture of a guy (with drawn bow)standingin a tree stand aiming at a deer.

I'll see if I can work something up in the next few days.

LLBUX

NCSportsman 08-14-2007 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: LLBUX

I'm a quiet guy so I'll vote for 'Silent But Deadly'. OK by me to come in under the radar to win.

For a design, I can envision a picture of a guy (with drawn bow)standingin a tree stand aiming at a deer.

LLBUX
I like the comedy angle it can take.
Maybe a guy in a tree at full draw with a fart cloud coming out from behind!

muckland 08-15-2007 03:44 AM

Hunsucker for Capt..

HuntingBry 08-15-2007 07:38 AM

OK, so we have 4 votes for Hunsucker for captain.

We have up for team names:

Silent But Deadly

Big Guns

Silent Snipers

Squirrelkilla is on vacation and we have yet to hear from Hoosierhunter.

Let's get a final decision on a team name and if there are no objections I'd say MH is our el capitain.

Agreed?

bloodcrick 08-15-2007 07:46 AM

If you come up with this avatar, make sure the guy in the tree has some big guns under his sleeves like Hunslinger does :D[8D]

ORIGINAL: LLBUX

LLBUX