Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Hi team ... I'm back from my little weekend hunting trip although I was disappointed that I only saw one doe th whole entire time I was out , I still had a good time with the other hunters there.
I 'll be back out at my regular hunting spot this week and maybe I'll see some pre chase phase action going on.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys that little guy only gave us a 72 not much but it something. But here in Mass you take what the good lord gives. The fish and game issued me a new buck tag so I still have two and they took the deer. They don't want you to eat any thing the cyots got to because the could have all kinds of K-9 deseases and some of them can be passed to humans. So I'm glad I called them they might had saved me some real trouble plus they gave me another buck tag. Any way I'll be back out there this afternoon. Go get them guys and good luck.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did they at least let you saw the rack off Mike.. Just for the memories.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yea I did that before they ever got there I showed it to them and announce I'm keeping this for all my troubles of scouting, hunting, searching and dragging. They didn't say a thing. so I will still have the rack as a memory of what was still a great hunt. Even though he wasn't a giant, we don't get too many real giants around here just too maney hunters culling them before they get big. All land is considered open hunting in this state unless its posted, some towns have rules that land owners permission has to be obtained but thats rare. It has its good and bad points. You never really have a private place to hunt but you can hunt pretty much where you want to. I like it this way and keep the damn clubs out. We do not lease land here.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Mike!

I finally took a small doe today. Havent been seeing many deer but these 3 snuck in on my blind side this afternoon. I just happened to lean forward & peer behind my blind & there they were. I wanted to take the momma deer but they just werent cooperateing. Worst part was they were between me & the truck & it was getting dark. So I took the first one I got a clean shot at.
We opened Sept 15th. I dont think I ever held off this long before. There were 2 earlier oportunities I let pass but enuff is enuff.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stuck a little doe on friday and was happy to do it. Lets just say it was an easy one man drag. Got her with a crossbow at 20 yards.
Monday is gonna be as cold as it's been all year and is looking good already.We need some bone on the ground guys...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

well guys things are starting to pick up a little bit. I've been seeing quite a few does lately anda small buck this morning. This coming week should be a great week. I get off school friday so i'll likely head out to my favorite stand that i have been saving all this year.
Best of luck to the rest of you guys!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I'm back in the game with a crossbow.... a Tenpoint Pro Slider. It's sighted in and I'm ready. Congrats on the buck, Mike. Congrats to you too, Planter, on the doe. I'm hoping for a buck in Missouri and Arkansas and about three more does. Now it's on to chalking up some points for the team.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:22 AM

The next few weeks should be interesting for most of you guys! Good luck. We need to make up some points!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man I got another this one is a nice bigger buck but his horns are all messed up and roken one is right down to the head and the other is snapped off. It looks like it happend when they were still in velvet.
This guy came in on me I watched him come in from 80 yards but he came straight at me nothing broadside so I figured when he went under me I'd drill him between the sholders the only problem is when he was at 15 yards he caught me comming to full draw. I held as long as I could and when I couldn't hold no more I picked a spot on his throat and let go. Man alive you should have seen the blood lik the worst horror movie you ever saw. He only went 50 yards. I'll take that shot under 20 yards every time man does it put them down like a heart or lug shot.

Well good luck guys I'm on my way to Maine for 2 weeks and then a week in Ct. with the gun. I sure hope we have some more points when I get back.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.