Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

I'm headed out in a half hour I'll beback later to post pics.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

man...good to hear you guys are still hunting...i been gettin worried

i went out this afternoon to enjoy the woods and maybe get a doe down...

540ish i spot movement...then spotted it again 100yds down the ridge...deer for sure...by the body language and way it walked id bet it was a buck cruising...let my buddy borrow all my calls so i couldnt do anything...

not long after i spot movement on the other side 50yds or so down the ridge...grabbed the binocs..got the pleasure of watchin a basket 6pt for about 20 minutes...

never hunted that spot before...walked through it 100000x...nice oak ridge..thickets on 3 sides..why i never hunted it is beyond me...the ridge is lonnnng and covered in mostly oaks..the sign is scattered...rubs here and there..poop there and here...hard to nail things down..like today...2 deer 200yds apart coming out of the same thicket...atleast i got somewhere to start for next year though...i been struggling with seeing deer up here at school the last 2 years...BIG woods, food and bedding areas are endless...back when i was young it was nothing for us to see a couple BIG wallhangers a day while fall turkey hunting...but its tough because they can eat and sleep anywhere...also used to see 20+ deer a day in rifle season back then too...not anymore...but im gettin there....the forest has changed and so has the deer movement..plus the herd reduction...

wont get out again till next monday at the earliest...id love to get out wed but i know that aint happening..got 2 big tests friday i gotta start studying for..

PS...moving sucks already lol...close this friday...we got most everything boxed up and ready to roll...i will probably single handedly move atleast half of that this weekend...then the following weekend dad and i are moving all the big stuff and we will be moved...i told him hes lucky i killed my buck because if i didnt i wouldnt be missing the rut to help them move!! he already "paid" me...he knows without me it would be dang near impossible...he gave me a Glock model 22 in 40s&w...will be my CCW and duty gun in the future...he always gives me guns lol...i cant complain...and thats why i dont complain about moving or splitting wood all summer or whatever else...sure, i live there under their roof, but they both work, and i will do the better half of the move myself...just like i did last time we moved..i just feel its my job...never expect dad to give me new toys...but he knows it aint easy with me being in school...saturday is gunna be a killer...i wanna go out and find me a fall turkey BEFORE i start moving lol....see how that goes...

keep at it boys...things aughta start gettin good!!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:17 PM

well guys i will be doing the vid i went out and got some good vid of my buddy hunting wit his bow we sall well you can see it on the dvd
Old 10-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys. Looks like our run is temporarily over. Team reverse the curse (or as I like to refer to them, Team Stacked) has taken the lead. Looks like just a matter of a few guys officially posting the scores. DO not give up we can win this thing. Go. Go.. Go...... that is my big pep speach. lol......
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Saturday was a bust saw 0 deer in 8 hours on stand, went out this morning saw 0 deer. I'm begining to think all the deer have left the state. I headed out to the woods this evening and I was talking to my buddy about the crappy year I have had. He told me all it takes is 2 minutes for a crappy year to turn into an awesome year.

Well I got setup on a little oak flat, saw a few scrapes going in so I KNEW there was at least 1 deer around...lol. Well by the time I climbed down I had seen around 30 deer. Had at least 15 in range but only 1 that was close to a shooter. He was a decent 8pt but he never offered a clear shot. He came in facing me behind some does and quickly turned to check out some other does off to my left. He wasn't a monster but he would have gotten us 80"-90". Saw 4 other bucks but they were all dinks.

Hopefully this will kickstart the action for me. I am off from this Friday until the 19th of the month so I still have plenty of time to tag a hammer.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Seen 3 does and a fawn no shot on the does.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Hey guys I am back from my elk hunting trip and a pheasant hunt in ND. I didn't get an elk, but had a lot of close calls...had elk withing 40 yards, just too dark. We had an outfitter scare a herd away from us on opening morning because he doesn't like us hunting in the area he has his clients.....we would have gotten some elk if not 5 out of the herd. I have taken elk in the exact same spot and situation previous years. Saw lots of elk and had a bunch of snow. We actually came home half a day early because we were getting so much snow...everyone was coming off the mountain. We got stopped on top of a pass for a game check and the CDOW gave us a cow that somone else accidentaly shot. so atleast I got some elk meat.

Pheasant hunting in ND was a blast. there area lot of birds out there.

Great job on the buck while I was gone...congrats to the first bow bucks.

hnt24.7, I will take one of those videos if its not too late.

good luck guys, I hope to get out duck hunting in the mornings this weekend and bow hunting in the afternoons.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

kidd, they have 270 1/8 inches we have 357 1/8 inches how are they in the lead?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM

It looks like team 1 is going to be nipping on our heals once HNI Justins deer is entered.

Sounds like we have 4 guys for sure still out hunting hard. Anyone heard from Tbyrd or Tucker3675? We need all hands on deck if we are going to pull this thing off.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Haven't heard from either, I checked Tuckers profile a week or two ago, he hasn't signed in since he last posted.

I can't make it out til friday got some trick or treating to do tonight and thursday I have to work no getting out of that. Friday I plan to sit all day, the orange army will be out on Saturday but Ibe outwith my bow. No thunder sticks on our properties so the deer will move there once their getting shot at.Should have somechances hopefully!

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.