HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread
Old 10-29-2007, 05:23 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

man...good to hear you guys are still hunting...i been gettin worried

i went out this afternoon to enjoy the woods and maybe get a doe down...

540ish i spot movement...then spotted it again 100yds down the ridge...deer for sure...by the body language and way it walked id bet it was a buck cruising...let my buddy borrow all my calls so i couldnt do anything...

not long after i spot movement on the other side 50yds or so down the ridge...grabbed the binocs..got the pleasure of watchin a basket 6pt for about 20 minutes...

never hunted that spot before...walked through it 100000x...nice oak ridge..thickets on 3 sides..why i never hunted it is beyond me...the ridge is lonnnng and covered in mostly oaks..the sign is scattered...rubs here and there..poop there and here...hard to nail things down..like today...2 deer 200yds apart coming out of the same thicket...atleast i got somewhere to start for next year though...i been struggling with seeing deer up here at school the last 2 years...BIG woods, food and bedding areas are endless...back when i was young it was nothing for us to see a couple BIG wallhangers a day while fall turkey hunting...but its tough because they can eat and sleep anywhere...also used to see 20+ deer a day in rifle season back then too...not anymore...but im gettin there....the forest has changed and so has the deer movement..plus the herd reduction...

wont get out again till next monday at the earliest...id love to get out wed but i know that aint happening..got 2 big tests friday i gotta start studying for..

PS...moving sucks already lol...close this friday...we got most everything boxed up and ready to roll...i will probably single handedly move atleast half of that this weekend...then the following weekend dad and i are moving all the big stuff and we will be moved...i told him hes lucky i killed my buck because if i didnt i wouldnt be missing the rut to help them move!! he already "paid" me...he knows without me it would be dang near impossible...he gave me a Glock model 22 in 40s&w...will be my CCW and duty gun in the future...he always gives me guns lol...i cant complain...and thats why i dont complain about moving or splitting wood all summer or whatever else...sure, i live there under their roof, but they both work, and i will do the better half of the move myself...just like i did last time we moved..i just feel its my job...never expect dad to give me new toys...but he knows it aint easy with me being in school...saturday is gunna be a killer...i wanna go out and find me a fall turkey BEFORE i start moving lol....see how that goes...

keep at it boys...things aughta start gettin good!!