Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:15 PM

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

Nice buck KIDD!!!!!

I have not seen any buck that i want to take yet. I'm going out tonight to one good spot that i have seen 4 nice bucks
Old 10-04-2007, 09:44 PM

I went out and i got to see some 6 does and two up and coming buck one was like 100 and the other was about 120 so all'n all not a bad day
Old 10-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Buck there KIDD! Congrats!! Lots of character on that old guy.

Just curious. What is that dark line up the main beam? Almost look split or broken?!?!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:48 AM

I went on a business trip for a couple of days and when I left we had a score of 0"........I came back today and logged on here and we are in the lead!!!!! Awesome job guys!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 PM

yep we are going to win
Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

You better believe it. I'm headed out in about 30 minutes. Plan on sticking a monster.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

yes.......lets keep the momentum up....buck knife strated this mess now someone help finish it.[8D]
Old 10-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys!!!! I'm rooting for you!!!!I guess since I am not on a team, I might as well pick a favorite and what better team to pick thn some team with a weird latin name??(not to mention a buddy on the team and your team captain is on my Deer Hunting team in the Gun contest.)

Good Luck again!!!
Pheasantfanatic
Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

well...gunna swap the dull blades outta the muzzys, take me a DDW shower and hit the sack....4am comes quick...and the heat really drains ya!! lol. really hate the heat. but what can ya do??

spent most the day at the new house[:'(] nice house...buck rubs in the back yard but man i dont wannnnna move right now!!! urghhh...oh well...life throws ya curve balls...still gotta play the game right?

hopefully tomarrow is good to me. same spot as last saturday...just a few trees over incase he looks up hoping he looks up to that other tree actually...that will give me a great shot opprotunity.

taking the rattling antlers and grunt tube...i know its WAY early...but they are setting up their territorys and breaking up bachelor groups right now. my buddys been seeing alot of bucks a couple counties away...every time 2 come in and sparr, they just pour in...im going to try tickling the tips lightly and grunt a couple times...see if i cant make somethin happen. REALLY makes sense for this time of year actually.

got monday and tuesday off school. me and my buddy are pondering the idea of going to his camp sunday night. theres a couple slammers up there and a pretty good number of bucks period. my buddy that scored last week already hung stands up there. i helped him take them down last year..he said i can hunt them if i wish. still pondering that. i dont wanna burn out my honey hole...and dont really got much else to hunt here at home...cant goto my dorm till tuesday because its "break" so the mountains aint soundin all too bad...get away...relax...have some fun with the boys...maybe even shoot some deer...

but hopefully i tag mine in the morning. im realllly hoping for a redemtion shot tomarrow. we will see....we will see

keep at it boys! were doin good!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

close call this morning. same spot as last saturday...just a couple trees away.

730ish i look up and theres a buck coming right at me. YES!!! here we GO!!! kinda high yellow rack..HAS to be him...3 on top...should have brow tines..and if its HIM i know he does...almost stood up and drew and made the shot...when i got a GOOD look at the rack and realized that it was a fair bit smaller than the one i seen last week. still if he was legal (4+, 1+" to a side) i decided i was going to take him. he came within 5 yards. munched on acorns 10yds away. the right side was a main beam with a 2-3 inch point on top...but THAT side looked to have a brow tine [:@] the other side had a tiny bump it looked like. i had to let him pass.

most likely related to the buck i seen last week. same rack shape, same brow tine configuration(the point inward it looks like..) and same yellow rack.

honestly dont know that i will head out this afternoon. going to hit 90 degrees. i hate to burn hunting time...but i hate stinkin my areas up dripping sweat.

buddy cant goto camp...got a dr appointment..so i dont know where i will hunt. going to probably hunt some random spots around here. heard of a biggun that got spotted crossing a road a couple times...with any luck hes using one of my rut spots..hes crossing not far from there. im going to hunt that and see what i see. usually save that for the rut..its a small strip of woods above a 50ft cliff/creek and fields on the other side of the woods...holds does but bucks dont usually LIVE in there...with any luck this biggun is...we will find out maybe monday morning...

think i might go dove hunt or groundhog hunt later on this evening...weather looks better mid next week..lookin forward to it!

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.