Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:12 PM

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

I went back after the bears this weekend. I shot one on Sunday night. I will try to get a picture up tomorrow. I saw bear the 3 nights I was up there. I saw one coming in really early. He was only about 50 yards away and I was watching him come in and then I heard a shot and he turned around and walked away. I figured that is what scared him, but then I looked up and there was a doe standing about 50 yards in front of me (the bear was on my side). I think the deer actually scared the bear off. The deer walked over to where the bear was and milled around and then followed in the same path the bear took, but came back about 5 minutes later. The bear came back about 2 hours later. I actually had one bear on the bait and then he took off fast and another one came in 2 minutes later. I had on directly under my stand too....he smelled my pull up rope. It was an exciting weekend.

I used my bow and it was a slight quartering away shot (I wanted the shoulder open) and I got a complete pass through and he went 27 yards and died in under a minute.

I passed on a doe tonight.....I just got done cutting up the bear and didn't really feel like doing it again.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Good Job on the bear buck_knife!

and

Good luck to those that get to hunt this weekend. We need to get on the board, no pressure though.

I went out tonight, didn't see a thing.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

no kidding......congrats on the bear..looking forward to the pics. Good deal.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:28 PM

Here is the picture of the bear I shot on 9-23-07

Old 09-27-2007, 02:30 PM

Here is a picture of a different bear on the bait.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the pics that is awesome..now time for the whitetails.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

Nice pics buck..... Now like KIDD said lets get on the board.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Thanks for all the grate pic's
Old 09-28-2007, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats awesome buck knife!! congrats!!

man im pumped....i dont think i slept last night. and woke up to MUCH colder temps and a crow hollering his head off....just like its fall

hopefully i can make somethin happen tomarrow. we will see what tomarrow brings. dont get me wrong...i love to hunt more than anyone i know. i log more hours than most people around here dream of...but i wouldnt mind it a bit, filling my buck tag bright and early tomarrow.

i cant wait to get home...i been itchin to fling some arrows all week. not that i NEED to...but i been itchin to..
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck boys!!!

im pumped. thankfully, im still a little "off" and wore out so i will sleep like a log tonite...going to eat some dinner, take my DDW shower (i know i should do it in the morning....but ive found that doing it at night is better than not doing it...i will hit myself with DDW body foam before getting dressed and spray before i leave the truck..seems to work for me real well)

im pumped...my farmer buddy says he cant find a deer to save his life and its real wierd...that pumps me up even more. DUH that means 1 thing. they are in the woods hitting the acorns!! just so happens im surrounded by white oaks good thing im taking my climber and have a lock on in there. my lock on is in maples/pines...the white oaks are in the next saddle 100yds away. i should still get them from the lock on in the morning heading back to the beds though...or to the white oaks for breakfast...either way i should have them. planning to hunt till 11..then back on stand by 2.

cant wait...good luck guys...i need to get movin...im startin to crash already!

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.