Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:23 AM

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

They did it to me again!! This time a much bigger buck. They cut off the head, and hind quarters this time, and left teh carcass in the same spot. I am sure it is the poachers I got arrested last year coming in there at night. 2 saturdays in a row, and they know that I bow hunt--they don't.I am so very PO'd , and I am going to get these guys ...some how!!![:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

sorry to hear about that manuman. I need to do a little target practice, maybe I should do it at your place. Anyway guys I just back back from my spot today and I've got some pics. These deer were just down the road from me.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

another, same deer

Old 09-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Fork Horn

one more buck, not so big

Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 AM

I went out last night and saw one doe. A nice doe, but I didn't want to take her this soon.....she is my live bait for a future time

manuman, that sucks. I would think that the DNR would set up some sort of sting operation. If they don't call the main office and call the sheriffs office. Do you have access to some old car or something you could leave parked there?

AP deer hunter, those are some nice pictures and some dandy bucks.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:16 AM

Well guys our season started yesterday and it was an awesome day to be in the woods, low temps and prefect weather. I didn't connect on a buck but had a close call with a big 10pt that would have been in the 140"-150" range. He came in real early in the afternoon about 3pm, he was within 30yards at one point but never provided a clear shot for me. I had 1 opportunity where I could have tried to slip one in through a small hole in the brush at about 37 yards but I didn't feel it was a high percentage shot so I passed. Certainly got the blood pumping and I'm hoping thats not the last encounter I have with that guy.

I was able to connect on a maturedoe a little later in the evening she came in and gave me a slight quatering away shot at 22 yards and I put my Snyper right through the boiler room, she made it about 50 yards and piled up within site.

My wife came along in the morning for her first ever bow hunt. She had a good morning we had 2 doe come within 8 yards but they busted her trying to draw her bow. She was bummed she didn't get the shot off but she learned more on that 1 morning that the whole 3 months we prepared prior to the season. She told me this morning that yesterday is in the past and she is focusing now on tomorrows hunt and not making the same mistakes twice. I was impressed by that statement and I think I might have a bowhunter on my hands. Been married almost 7 years, took me 6 1/2 years to figure out I married a natural born bowhunter.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:15 PM

Great pics Ap! I hope the next time they are with an arrow wound and an empty chest cavity!
Lefty, hopefullyshe will remain humbel after tehfirst kill--I'd hate to see some competition begin to arise ! Seriously, a good thing for both of you.
Buck Knife, I already have contacted teh sheriff's dept and theh sergeant in our area with the DNR. They have been pretty responsive, but I know that they have prioroities. I can't put a car in there--landowner wouldn't go for it. I am going to hun tanother piece of property my son told me about, and hopefully I will come across a good one in Kentucky this weekend. I still have plenty of time, so it's good that this problem has surfaced now while there is plenty of season left. Last year it happened after I spent most of the season passing up bucks that the poachers shot later, and then didn't see anotherbuck after they invaded.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about the poachers again manuman. [:@]

Nice pics AP

Good job on the doe lefty!

Well my hunting started off slow and cold didn't see anything on Saturday morning. On Saturday night was a little better seen a lot of deer, only three within shooting range. I pulled back on a doe twice but she never stopped in a shooting lane. She stopped in front of the fence before she jumped over but ther were some leaves or saplings in front of her no shot. Could have takenyearling doe but she was kind of small. The fawnhung out around my stand for a while it still had a few spots.
Went out tonight to a Wildlife Area about 1 mile from my house and seen 5 more does no shots.

My buddy called me tonight with some bad news that the big guy got gut shot by some kid and he pushed him immediately after the shot. His dad and him walked up to my friends stand tonight and told him about it. They lost the blood trail some where near there. We were thinking we would go lookfor him tomorrow.

The guy in the back

Old 09-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Well, at least you have another big one to look forward to. I hope that they can recover the big boy!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Manuman...sorry to hear that...AGAIN. keep at it....youll find a live one somewhere...

AP...awesome pics and deer...lookin forward to seein one with you behind it!!

as you guys know i doe hunted saturday...to keep it short, morning i hunted the orchard i talk about. broke light, windy as heck...and looked across the orchard to the thicket the deer bed in and theres a new stand hung in the only big tree in the thicket idiot...cant enter without bumping deer...and even if he DOES...no matter what wind he got it blows to the thicket or to the orchard! idiot...he wasnt there...not sure whose it is...house a couple hundred yards up the hill...i dont know if the owner let someone else hunt or what...glad i wasnt banking on hunting there too much...

evening i sat on a beautiful point in the woods behind the orchard. regular season it sees alot of pressure so i never hunt it. tons of trails...usually rubs all over...nuts and acorns all over...great spot. 7pm i caught movement..sure enough DEER! 30-35yds left. im already standing and ready...trail its on should take it 15yds to a lane...watched it a couple minutes and it fed up the hill away from me...it was browsing not eating nuts...

will be back after them this weekend.

went scouting today at that state park i scouted before. walked for 2 hours straight. beautiful woods. great lookin woods actually. walked mountain bikers and hiking trails. topo and park map only showed 2 bike trails and 1 hiking trail. BS! you cant walk 100yds without hitting the trails. between that and hunting pressure i think thats why there aint no deer sign. i was quiet on them nice paths...never seen a deer...deer trail...deer track..poop NOTHING. im done messing around in there. might be deer there...but its hard for deer not to leave sign 2 hrs of steady walkin...probably 4 mile circle and i never saw anything to catch my eye...really think its hunted HARD and the bikers and hikers keep deer out of the area...seen 1 car there last week and 2 today...all looked like hunters out scouting...so i wont be back in there.

maybbbbe hit that new gamelands on wed...but i dont know. i been hunting a state game lands since i was 12 thats 20-25minutes away. i only have evenings to hunt so that aint bad...might just stick with what i know...spots up there are endless for me...just gotta find the deer...the area grew up and changed alot since dad and i used to hunt it...but i think i can find deer...last year only had 2 encounters...once got winded...the other i jumped one...but was hunting bad spots...

also got semi bad news today. parents put a bid in on a house...it passed ! so now we gotta have it inspected...if that passes we are moving...only to the next town(back yard is the woods i hunted saturday...can SEE my orchard stand from the house talk about luck eh?? food plot for the back lawn??? lol..

but i hope moving doesnt interfer with my hunting too much....mom says probably about 2 months till we actually move...but that means weekends im packing, working at the new house, then eventually packing things into a truck and moving to the new house...my parents are pretty understanding...i should be alright..but i dont know...i gotta help though...they put a roof over my head

keep at it boys!! someone get some bone on the ground!! get us on the board!!

less then 2 weeks and im hunting for antlers!! i cant wait. would really love to let the air out of a doe this weekend...with any luck, i just might

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.