Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread >

30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

Good work on the doe FF!

Talon, I know bears will also cover their kills, especially this time of year, cats as well will do the same. At least you found the deer. I'm getting so excited to head to Canada! Not too excited about the drive (8 hours to dad's house, then 12 hours to lodge) but with brother and friend and XM radio, shouldn't be too terrible. Have a flat ass when we get there, but easily remedied by a couple hour walk on the first morning!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

good job ff...

i don't know whats wrong with me guys.....but don't get me wrong i love to hunt and i love the sport passionatly....
I have noticed myself wanting to go out less and less.... like i have no drive to go.... i put out my camera in spots where i know bucks have been in the past years but nothing but does.... and i know where there are does there has to be bucks..... but its like i don't want to go out.... i wnet out today and had someone walk by me at about 60 yards.... this same thing has happened to me countless times this year.... i hate it when this happens because it happens about an hour before i can not see anything. i don't know if i need to find new spots or what but it just seems like everywhere i go there are people walking past or riding bike or riding a 4-wheeler.... its like i said before.... i feel like i have no drive to go deer hunting....
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never felt that way. Even when temps were in the upper 80s or low 90s I want to go. I won't hunt any of my stands then, or go anywhere near them but I have to be out there. I have only once had someone disturb my hunt of the land I lease. I found out later it was the rancher next door looking for stray cattle. If that happened often I might have to start looking for a different place to hunt.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a little bit frustrated in the early season with the weather and really did not want to go out, more out of fear of stinking up a spot and pretty much knowing that in 95 degree heat, deer aren't up and around. I can definitely understand how you would feel frustrated about your spots. I hunt IL now with the bow, but gun season is still back home in the UP. The deer here in IL are like elk (rack-wise) compared to the deer I've seen back home, so the drive to hunt hard is not like it used to be, but I still love going. Sorry you are in a down period here MN, but the rut is coming up so anything can happen!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

well i got up and around today and went for a walk... i found, next to a saddle i liked to hunt, a little scrape... its not huge but it is a scrape... it kinda makes me want to get out and do something.... So i did.... After i got off of class tonight i jump on my 4-wheeler only to find that it was dead[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(].... so i strapped the climber on my back and grabbed some stuff and a flash light and went out.... i got to that saddle and put up my stand and put out my scents and got out of there....

it made me feel a slight bit better knowing that i got a stand up in a spot that has some buck activity
Old 10-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

It will make you feel a whole lot better when you stick an arrow in one!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I felt the same way.. earlier. The friggen deer were all still in the corn and it was just like...whats the point of getting up early...but there were a few "events" that happened when I was out that lit a fire under my butt and now the war has just begun. now I have a personal vendetta with these deer.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Fork Horn

Good to here things are starting to go a little better for you MN. Things are about to bust loose here and I cant wait.

5 more hours of work guys and then 25 days of vacation!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

25 days?!?! Wow, you should definitely get some opportunities in that amount of time. I'm taking a half day today and hunting this afternoon and tomorrow. It's currently raining heavy and it looks like it willcontinue to rain through the night. I won't complain 'cause we surely need it but I hate setting up in the rain.

Quick Reply: 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.