Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!
View Poll Results: A poll
Comaraderie with my teammates
31.76%
Scoring for my team (getting "A" buck on the ground)
12.94%
Scoring if I get the RIGHT deer (will only archery hunt)
12.94%
Just for fun (but will only archery hunt)
12.94%
Just for fun....I will hunt with other weapons
12.94%
Serious about scoring....but I'll hunt with other weapons
16.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

What's it all about?

Old 07-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Default RE: What's it all about?

1-Comaraderie with my teammates

Just a better way to exchange and get to know peopleand also see who actually gets out and hunts alot and who just likes to talk about it! LOL!!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

you know me Jeff....im all about the team. we had a great team last year and i enjoyed it. gave me something to post between and after classes...kept my spirits high when i was low...kept me from selling my bow and rolling over and quiting archery hunting. made me realize that i got a good head on my shoulders and am a good youngun....i hope to have a similar team expirience this season...

in the end yes, its about points...points for the team on the board. but honestly...i wouldnt cared if none of us got a buck last season. we had over 100 pages of posts...i think we had a good time.

you also know i hunted with my rifle and my flintlock. all the while i COULD have bowhunted. anyone who hasnt hunted a PA rifle season doesnt understand why i felt like bowhunting after the bowseason would have been about a big ole waste of time. i just dont have sole permission on private lands...my deer in all my areas get pounded and harrassed dang near all year long. summer is the only season they arent chased around. even spring theres enough turkey hunters out there to keep the deer moving...

i love bowhunting. but till i get a private farm of my own i still doubt i bowhunt outside bow season. i do plan on not hunting with a rifle at all this year. i want my first bow and flintlock kills. flintlocking is my next favorite hunting
Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Dominant Buck

You kiddin me, mauser?

Heck we were lucky to have you. You did a great job as our captain.

Thanks, again.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

mauser do you post half a damn page every time I hope you are going to be a writer you have a gift. I hope and pray you are on my team this year. What will I do tofill my time at night. I need my daily dose of mauser
Old 07-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd be willing to have you back as capt too mauser06, our team rocked!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:50 AM

this is my 3rd year in the contest its a blast
Old 07-17-2007, 04:08 AM

This is my first year (obviously), but I had difficulty in choosing which to vote for. I only use a bow to hunt now, so I could have gone with number 4, I like the comraderie of the board, so I could have gone with number 1, and it was a close tie between 2 and 3. I went with 3 because while I'm all about helping the team out and getting awin, I'm not going to dust a spike just to get on the board if we're getting down to the wire and need a few more inches... especially since the spikes in southern Maryland probably wouldn't break 20"

Ken
Old 07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to see the scoring thread and see what everyone else is getting. Also I really enjoy getting to know a couple of other bow hunters on my team. I hope this year we get better turn out on my team. Last year 3 went MIA by Oct. 1. Even the one alternate we got never showed up.[:@]
Old 07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I chose the last one since I usually do some Muzzle loader hunting in December. However I usually have a deer on the ground before then with the bow. If not I usually take the bow out with me as my first choice. Unless I am going with someone else that is hunting witha ML.

I am serious about scoring for my team though. I have to shoot a 125" buck so I can give more money to the charity.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol thanx old team 36. you can see i havent changed my avatar...not out of laziness...but out of pride.

germ...you know i write alot. i just cant help it. maybe one day i will write something semi important...every year i try to keep a "journal" of sorts of my days hunting each season...but that goes about as far as the first day or 2 we all know the best hunts are never forgotten..and make the best stories. i always thought i could tell a meaaaaan huntin' story. i think i could come up with a book of hunting stories that guys like us would like to sit and read on stand and on the pooper..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.