HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   What's it all about? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/197872-whats-all-about.html)

GMMAT 07-16-2007 10:20 AM

What's it all about?

I know the contest probably means different things to different people........but....at the end of the day....it IS about putting a buck on the ground and scoring points for your team.

There are some choices, below.....just to feel the pulse of the forum. No wrong answer.

_Dan 07-16-2007 10:26 AM

RE: What's it all about?

There were 2 anwers that fit me....1&6.

I am looking forward to my first season in the contest to have fun with the teamates and such. Also, I will be serious about scoring a good buck, but I do hunt with other weapons at times.

txjourneyman 07-16-2007 10:29 AM

I hit #4 but 1, 3, and 4 all fit.

mobow 07-16-2007 10:31 AM

I think what the contest is REALLY about is comeraderie, and friendships. Not just with your own team, but between teams as well. That's the part I look forward to the most, getting to know some other people I may not know now, and sitting down, relaxing and having a good time shooting the breeze with the team, and other teams.

Yes, the OBJECTIVE is to get a buck on the ground and score points, but I personally don't feel that's really what this contest is about.

GMMAT 07-16-2007 10:52 AM

Well then, mobo.....would you sign up for the contest, then, if you normally didn't expect to ki.......

Sorry.

Nevermind.

(You know I'm kidding. This one should have went in the smack talk thread:D)

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-16-2007 10:57 AM

I guess I'm the first one to click, "it's all about putting a buck on the ground"...actually I might answered that incorrectly because that's going to be my goal regardless of the contest so for the contest, number 1 might be fitting however, I'm in it for the tag!

mobow 07-16-2007 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well then, mobo.....would you sign up for the contest, then, if you normally didn't expect to ki.......

Sorry.

Nevermind.

(You know I'm kidding. This one should have went in the smack talk thread:D)
MAAAANN.....That ain't even nice dude.....:D:D:D But all joking aside, I would answer that question yes.....

Copper31 07-16-2007 10:58 AM

For me it about meeting and learning from other people. I just need something to do while at work(on break of course)and I am thinking about hunting. I don't have any friends that hunt and my family doesn't bow hunt a lot any more. It's just nice hear and see some of the stories and share some of my own.

Matt/TN 07-16-2007 10:58 AM

I'm all about putting deer on the ground. I'd rather kill my buck with archery only tackle but I use whatever it takes.

mobow 07-16-2007 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

I'm all about putting deer on the ground. I'd rather kill my buck with archery only tackle but I use whatever it takes.
Ok, well you know this is a BOWhunting contest then, right?? ;):D