Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!
View Poll Results: A poll
Comaraderie with my teammates
31.76%
Scoring for my team (getting "A" buck on the ground)
12.94%
Scoring if I get the RIGHT deer (will only archery hunt)
12.94%
Just for fun (but will only archery hunt)
12.94%
Just for fun....I will hunt with other weapons
12.94%
Serious about scoring....but I'll hunt with other weapons
16.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

What's it all about?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's it all about?

I plan on using my bow 75% of the time this year. I am not however going to use my bow if it means not having a chance at a deer. I'll give it my all during archery season but when muzzleloader and rifle rolls around, I'm doing what it takes to take a deer. I plan on using my bow during rifle and muzzleloader some but in the end its all about doing what it takes to take a deer. I haven't been put in a situation to where the team winning is on the line, but in that situation I could see me taking the bow out to try to get the team a win.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 AM

Jeff, I agree with that 100%! It's pretty darn aggravating to have everyone from your team check in, then disappear never to be heard from again.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

At this point I am exact same. I love chatting with my teammates, but I am after mature buck with ARCHERY GEAR!!!
With the 600 grain logs you use as “arrows” I think it is more like a trebuchet than archery gear
Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM

I love chatting with my teammates and seeing how everyone is doing around the country but contest or no contest I am after a big buck.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think for the guys signing up for the first time.....it's important to have a sense of commitment to the cause.

Yes....it's for fun.....but we're also keeping score.
This is my first time entering the contest.......yet, I voted for #6. Does that make me less comitted? I would hope no one would believe that. I spend 3 months deer hunting nearly every day. About half the time will be with the bow and the other half will be with a ML or rifle. I hunt so much and love to hunt with any weapon that I have no desire to hunt exclusively with a bow.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Dan:

Heck no, buddy. I think the scenario I depicted was the one that would concern fellowteammates.

Hell....I hope you're on my team!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:28 PM

One other thing. It seems that people get upset when some people enter and don't participate.....rightfully so. But most on here get a little to anxious to get the sign-up going and it starts way to early. Between now and September 1 there are going to be a lot of people who come and go and are not serious about this site or the contest.

IMHO, the sign-up should have been put off until closer to season and should only be 2 weeks long.

A little patience goes a long way.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Dan:

Rob gives everybody plenty of time after sign-ups.....for team captains to be chosen....and for them to make sure everybody on their team is accounted for and is participating. if they have no shows......they get replaced with alternates.

It works out just fine.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I LOVE to archery hunt, but I also LOVE to use the Smokepole. I pretty much limit myself to those 2, but I take the .270 on youth hunts.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 PM

I realize that. But sometimes I believe people get too impatient.

Believe me, I'm not trying to say how to run the contest. From what I have heard, Rob does a GREAT job of it and I'm excited for my first year entering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.