Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Got some more good news for you, I just found out that I got the preferred stand location for this Saturday! There have been some good bucks seen hanging in the area, so wish me luck!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get them Ron. Show us how it's done and then we will follow.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uh-oh, now add Ron to the party!!!I am as excited to see how all of you guys do as I am for myself.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM

unfortunately I have Thursday night to hunt then i gotta wait til next monday morning at the earliest or tuesday night. getting down to the wires
Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have climbed so many times this season that my back is trying to go out on me. I hope that goes away soon. I still have quite a few days left of season and I know it always picks up here in November. I hope everyone the best of luck this weekend. I will be hunting Saturday but not Sunday. My evening hunts during the week will be pretty much shot when the time changes Sunday. I will still be hunting weekends and more vacation time coming up.

Later,

LT
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 AM

last night my dad called me, and said the big boy crossed the road heading toward ours, so im hoping hes found some hot does and stuck around for a bit for tonights hunt. Hopefully I can get something to come in the horns. HOPEFULLY...
Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome Ryan. Just the thought of your dad seeing him heading that way would be making me anxious to get out there tonight. Hope you can hold on to all those nerves better than I can. I am going crazy the last couple of days knowing the deer are out there chasing others around and I am not out there... My work is slacking to say the least!

I am going out tonight though in about 2 hours I will be heading out.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 PM

Hey Tex, may I join you on the board!?!?!?!

I put one on the ground this morning fellas, scores 138 5/8. I was very happy. Yesterday I went back to the spot where I have been seeing the bucks and made a ground blind a little farther down the hill hoping to catch the bucks I have been missing. I got in there early this morning, set everything up and began the wait. At 7:32 am I heard the leaves rustling getting closer and closer. I saw a flicker of white uphill from my blind and could see antler but was not sure how big he was. He kept very slowly walking along a trail that would take him 33 yards from my stand. He glanced down at me once and I was able to see he had good spread and mass, but being I was looking uphill at him it was tough to tell the tine length. Either way I decided I was going to take him. When he hit my shooting lane a made a soft "mrrrp" and he stopped and looked right at me. By that time it was too late as the arrow was en route. It hit him right above the leg, taking out the top of the heart and the bottom of a lung. At the hit, he mule kicked and stumbled over a log and ran back the way he came from. His tail dissapeared and I heard a crash, a little more running and another crash and then a huge burst of air and the woods fell silent. I waited 45 minutes and found blood right away although very little. I followed the blood about 50 yards and saw him toppled over in a patch of birch trees. The best part about the whole thing. My dad was directly across the ravine from me and heard him run, the crash, and the burst of air. Nothing more special than that to me. Hes a real pig. Field dressed at 210 pounds and had an amazing neck on him. He reeked of piss and his back legs were a dark chocolate brown. Great day.

I believe I just opened up the flood gates boys, we're gonna get rolling.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

That is awesome MNpurple! Congrats, that shot us up there and then hopefully this weekend we get up on top again!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go MNpurple. You da man! Oh yeah, oh yeah, go MN, go MN. We are gonna do this thing guys. I just feel it. I am gonna contribute to this as well. Hopefully real soon.

Go getem' guys.

LT

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.