Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:05 PM

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Hey Guys! Just back from Colorado and I was thrilled to take my first elk. I only had a cow tag so that is what I harvested. It was opening day evening and this cow stepped out at 40 yards and I was able to take her. At the shot she took just a few steps forward and I had no idea if I had hit her, Then she did a 180 and I could see all but the fletching sticking out of her offside. She actually stretched her neck out and smelled the broadhead! Her legs got a little wobbly and she laid down and it was over. With 5 miles to pack her out on nothign but our backs, my work had just started but it was the most gratifying work ever.

On a down note, I missed a 3x3 mule deer. he was downhill from me and I didnt have time to range him and I guessed him to be about 45 yards, well it was more like 38-40 and my arrow sailed over his shoulders and he ran to 60 yards, to far for my skills. I'm dissapointed I didnt get my mule deer, but contest wise, he wouldnt have scored much at all, so now its on to Whitetails. Season opens in 9 days. When I got back I hung 5 treestands and while doing so I saw about 10 new rubs and 2 scrapes. The velvet is off, its hunting season!

Great caribou huntingson, such neat looking animals. I've never been Caribou hunting so I dont know what typical success is but sounds like you guys did pretty good. Great pics. Good luck with your antelope Wheatley. Control your emotions boys, the countdown is on until we start racking up the points.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:31 PM

hey guys. sorry i havent posted in a bit. i did actually but then the computer got funky on me.
any way i got moved into my dorm here at UW stevens point last saturday. things are goin good so far. had one natural resource class today.
anyway my phone number is **********and if any1 wants to pm there number ill be glad to take it. i got Jims right now from a pm. take it easy guys
Ryan
Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Craig, thats is an awesome picture and a great story! Glad you were successful on the hunt. Now get out there and get us a whitetail!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the Elk! That is something that I really want to do one day.

-john
Old 09-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Craig congrats on the Cow!!! Great job!

As far as the numbers go, so far I have...

Myself
John
Ryan
Dennis
Wheatly

I'll wait a day or so for anyone else who want to send it to me and then I'll PM the list to everyone.

EDIT...

Add Ron to the list.

As far as the numbers go... I like a few others don't feel comfortable putting my number out on the internet... So when I sent the list out, it will only be to the people on our team (team 33... Just kidding, 17!) and it will go in PM form.

Chris
Old 09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the ELK. There is nothing more exciting to hunt than ELK IMO. I love it. I wil be headed up to Wyoming elk hunting with the family on Oct. 1st. Looks like a good size cow.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I think that everyone else should take there numbers off now too. Wouldn't want to see there numbers used for some stupid information study, like what happened to me a while back.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I edited mine in my first post.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM

got mine edited.
that is a big cow from my understanding. 8 days!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

Wanted to let everyone know, the bow is back in great working order. Thanks Beagle, your advise helped out alot. I went out and bought some 2 blade rages. They are shooting great. The only problem is the damn o-rings break after each shot. They are shooting just like a field point.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.