HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shedded antlers
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 10:03 AM
BowHunter46
Typical Buck

Default RE: shedded antlers

ORIGINAL: findinbone

I walk a short distance then stop and check my back trail you will be suprised at how many sheds you walk by.
I have never found a shed before but you couldnt say that I have never tried. I've spent probably 8 hours in the woods combining this year and last year. After I look for a long time and not find anything, I get that "I probably just didnt see it when I walked by" feeling. Ive even taken antlers into the woods with me and threw them on the ground just to see how easily they would stand out from the leaves, sticks, grass, ect. Now I know where I need to really concentrate, like in cut down corn fields.

Whats really ironic, last year me and my dad spent about 3 hours searching for sheds with no luck. About a week later, he took a walk with my sister, and comes back with a nice 3 point shed with no brow tine and says "I was just walkin along the trail, looked down and there was an antler layin there!" He wasntreallyevenlookin for sheds. It just goes to show that its really all about luck.