Community

Team 9 checkin

Old 11-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 9 checkin

we strike again im thinking 102? but not sure with the missing tines, nevertheless, dandy buck!! put the tape on him so we can see how much we are up by now
Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome..... we are on a roll!

Hey somebody should create an avatar for our team so we can have something to prove who is the best team!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

good idea!! ill try to get one made
Old 11-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunted hard all day yesterday saw 6 does and one half rack but was unable to get a shot off at him. Was out this morning till 11am and i'm headed back out here in 30minutes. I'll be out everyday, i'm gona work my butt off. Hopefully I can add some points here in the next day or 2. I'm gona keep my fingers crossed.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Cougars, very good job I scored my buck and posted it today, another 101 and 3/8 for the Grey Ghosts. By the way thought I would post a pic of my other grey ghost.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck and kudu, FOP23! Details?....at least tell us what gear you were using.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

haha i guessed 102 didnt I? thats the second time this year ive guessed this year and been less than one inch off
Old 11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

The buck came from the opening day of the PA rifle season, I was hunting Washington Co about 20 miles outside of Pittsburgh. We have a 140 acre property that me and 3 buddies hunt. I've been hunting there for 10 years and have seen a dramatic change in the quantity and quality of bucks on the property. Ten years ago you would see 50 deer opening day and be lucky to see an 8 point or better. With PA instituting antler restrictions several years ago, we have seen the overall numbers shrink, but the deer quality has improved. I was hunting a rather thick area opening morning that I know the deer to use when pressured. This spot is also a hot rut spot we've found during the archery season. I knew when the shots started to ring out, the deer would head for cover. As it turns out, about 0715 I started seeing deer move. I had 2 small bucks a spike and a 4 point walk up on me, both seemed to be moving naturally at that time. Several minutes later, a group of does/yearlings joined the smaller bucks. They all milled around for several minutes, I reached into my coat pocket for my camera, and the mature doe spotted my movement. She snorted and the group was gone. At about 0750, another buck, a six point walked in front of me. This time I was able to snap off a few pictures of the buck, but then he looked behind him. At that time, I saw this buck walking into view. I quickly put the camera away and shouldered my rifle. The larger buck was walking away from me at 60/70 yards. I was able to place a good shot on him with my 7mm-08 and he piled up after a 50 yard death run. I stayed in my stand in hopes of snapping a few more pictures until a trespasser walked right up on my set up. I was about 15' up in a tree and the guy walked about 30 yards from me. I whistled at him and gave him the universal one-fingered trespasser salute. I quickly climbed down to recover the deer before he located it. I figured him to be a decent 8, but by PA standards he was a 7 with 2 kickers and the start of a split main beam. A good buck with lots of character. As for the trespasser, he had to walk at least 400 yards onto our property past a slew of no hunting signs to get to my spot. I later located him and advised him of the penalties associated with his actions. He responded with the typical "I got turned around" ignorance.

As for the kudu, that was taken on a 2003 safari to South Africa. Not a giant by their standards but a nice representative animal. I could go on and on with stories about that trip. Good luck to the rest of the guys hunting.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

nothing yet fella's im logging my hours so we'll have to see how it plays out. Heading out here in 30minutes for a afternoon sitting weather is changing storm system moving in late tonight so they should be on their feet. Hopefully everything works out good.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep we officially have a sizable lead, but lets stay on top of them!

Quick Reply: Team 9 checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.