Community

Team 8 checkin

Old 11-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 8 checkin

Yeah jhalfhill, the page I printed off of the BC web page had score boxes to enter the tip to tip, the widest spread on the outside and a box to enter the inside spread, I may have messed up, check their webpage out and see what you think. Thanks.

Heres the link I used. http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/bc_scoring_typwhitetail.asp?area=bgRecords&typ e=Typical+Whitetail+Deer
Old 11-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi guys,

Sorry I havent been on much. Just spent three and a half weeks in Illinois hunting with the bow and then the shotgun. I have an entry for the team but I wont be able to post it officially for about two weeks. I misplaced the paper we scored it on and I dont want to post a wrong score. We also didnt have a good 1/4 tape. It scores around 119 but Ill have it right in another two weeks. Had to leave it in Illinois till the skull is cleaned because of CWD rules here and I'll be back out to get it in early Dec.

I just noticed that this guy could put us in the lead so I'll get him on ASAP!!

Jeff, the BT in my screen name is my initials.

Just got a good tape on him. He comes in at at 116 5/8"

Old 11-25-2006, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: strut

Yeah jhalfhill, the page I printed off of the BC web page had score boxes to enter the tip to tip, the widest spread on the outside and a box to enter the inside spread, I may have messed up, check their webpage out and see what you think. Thanks.

Heres the link I used. http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/bc_scoring_typwhitetail.asp?area=bgRecords&typ e=Typical+Whitetail+Deer
OK i don't know else to word this. It's not a matter of IF you messed up, because you did. If you'll look at the score sheet: http://www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_whitetail_typical.pdf
you can see that the only measurements that count towards your score are the measurements below columns 1 through 3. The rest of the measurements are just for record. Fill out that score sheet, total your points in columns 1, 2, and 3 that aren't shadowed out, and re-tally your score. Yours does not score 119. Also, ignore column 4 because we are measuring gross, not net score.

NOTE: your spread credit will be either the width of the inside spread or the length of the longest main beam, whichever is smallest. throw those other spread measurements out the window.

Hope this helps
Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 AM

Well guys I just plain screwed up. I'm all about shooting mature bucks and one came in at daybreak the first morning. Couldn't tell if he was a shooter for sure or not but I could see he was really tall and has a decent number of points on the one main beam. I was debating on whether or not to take him and I made a stupid decision. When he turned his head and I saw his spread I immediately shot, and well I just shot way too quick. As I squeezed off I watched the crosshairs slide to just below the boilermaker and I believe I shot right underneath him. Away he went.

This has been a terrible deer season for me, and one that I would like to forget. Not only has my time been severely limited due to school, but the few chances I've gotten during my limited time I've blown. One got away from me in archery that I'm still pretty sick about, and now I go and do this on a buck that I surely would have mounted. I've got only one more outing with the rifle this season because of school, even though there's still a week and a half of season left. If i get a single deer at all this year it will be that day or whats left of the herd during late archery seasons in PA and WV. Hope u guys have had better luck than me, congrats on all your bucks and way to come through for the team.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry guys but the season is over for me here in Arizona. Wish I could have helped out...next year.

AZBear
Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 PM

well it looks like we couldent pull it off next year oh well it was fun good job guys
Old 12-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have until January 5. I hope to help out.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My muzzleloader season opens Friday-Sunday. My last chance for the year.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well we have three more weeks and I have killed 2 deer, and neither will help us. I killed a doe on opening day and a spike on Sat. The buck had a lot of white on it and had very short front legs. I have a picture of it if we need a few inches but I will not enter it hoping for the big one. Good luck and I will talk at ya'll later.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck in your late seasons guys! One decent buck could put us on top! I cant help our team now but I'll be out there after Christmas with my bow trying to fill my PA buck tag.