HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 8 checkin
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 AM
jhalfhill

Default RE: Team 8 checkin

Well guys I just plain screwed up. I'm all about shooting mature bucks and one came in at daybreak the first morning. Couldn't tell if he was a shooter for sure or not but I could see he was really tall and has a decent number of points on the one main beam. I was debating on whether or not to take him and I made a stupid decision. When he turned his head and I saw his spread I immediately shot, and well I just shot way too quick. As I squeezed off I watched the crosshairs slide to just below the boilermaker and I believe I shot right underneath him. Away he went.

This has been a terrible deer season for me, and one that I would like to forget. Not only has my time been severely limited due to school, but the few chances I've gotten during my limited time I've blown. One got away from me in archery that I'm still pretty sick about, and now I go and do this on a buck that I surely would have mounted. I've got only one more outing with the rifle this season because of school, even though there's still a week and a half of season left. If i get a single deer at all this year it will be that day or whats left of the herd during late archery seasons in PA and WV. Hope u guys have had better luck than me, congrats on all your bucks and way to come through for the team.